Computer and iTunes not recognizing device :mad:

jstryn2live

Solid State Member
Hello :)

I was wondering if anyone could save me some time. I've spent over two hours trying to figure out why my laptop is not recognizing my ipod that is plugged in via usb.

Instructions bring me to iTunes which is my main deal. I want my iTunes to recognize my iPod but it's not so I figured if I maneuvered through instructions in regards to why my usb port isn't recognizing the device then maybe I could fix it so that iTunes could see it.

Nada! I got nothing. Nothing seems to be working. It's frustrating as this as never happened to me before and I've done it a million times plus.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your consideration and your time!

Susan Sharkey

Do you get the USB sound notification that something was plugged in?

Does anything show up in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark?

Does the iPod say that it's connected to the computer?

Hey, you again :)

Thanks for responding and for your time once again!

Yes, I get the notification sound from the iPod that it has been plugged into something and it also shows change in the battery symbol in the top right of the device.

No sign of a new device plugged in under "Devices with removal storage" nor in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" drop down menu. Just nothing showing this device exists or was even plugged in.

No signs of this device anywhere. No yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. My computer doesn't see and iTunes doesn't see it.

Thanks again!
Sue

Have you tried a different USB port (back of the computer vs front of the computer - assuming this is a desktop)? Or possibly a different cable?

I'm going to have to try a different cable. I was hoping there was a different way because I don't have another cable, but it must be the cable. I've tried all the ports on the laptop.

Thanks again!

You may want to try an iTunes alternative and see if the lappy can see it that way.

I wonder if going through disk management and assigning the ipod a drive letter would work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom