Choosing a tablet

C0tilli0n

Beta member
Hey guys,

I wanna buy a tablet, I never owned one so far, I don't know to much about them. I would be very thankful if you guys can give me some ideas
What do I want?
- OS, windows or android? I am more inclined in choosing windows, but I am not disregarding android, I have an windows phone and I had android phones in the past and in the end I think windows OS suits me better. I don't know if there's any difference between OS for phones compared to those for tablets, excuse my ignorance.
- Budget, let's say 300-500$, maybe a little more if it's worth it, I mean if it's something really good.
- What I am using it for? Just the regular stuff, personal use, a movie, a game, some music, internet, etc. I plan to take it with me when I travel
- Specs, screen size, 9 - 10", 3G at least, storage - I think at least 32 gb

Any idea would be good, thank you for reading and replying.

I started out with Android tablets and liked them fine but then got a Windows tablet and then lost all interest in Android tablets. To me, the best thing about having a Windows tablet is that it is a full Windows computer and I can run the exact same software on it as I do on my desktop or laptop. The same office suite, browser, backup software, music/movie player, etc...

I have a Surface Pro 3 that I like very much but there are less expensive Windows tablets out there that may fit your budget a little better.

You'll be tempted to purchase a Windows tablet with 64GB of storage but I caution against that. After the OS and a few pre-installed programs, along with a recovery partition, there will only be around 20GB of free space for your use. I recommend you get one with 128GB storage instead. Most (not all) Win tablets do have a microSD card slots which can be used to expand storage but I read lots of complaints on forums from people who bought 64GB tablets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom