Android displays redundant contacts!

aimo3

In Runtime
My boss has an LG Android phone with the following details:

Patch Level: 2016-01-01
Kernal: 3.10.49
Software V.: V10I-AME-XX

On his office and home laptops, MS Outlook Contacts are fine. Whereas on his phone, each contact has 2 instances! Like 2 John Smiths and 2 Jane Banes and so on!

We use MS Exchange. Where do you think the problem lies?

Contact sync? i.e. he's got the list of contacts on his phone, then adds exchange and gets duplicate list of contacts from exchange account synced across? Easy way to test would be turn off contact syncing on the account on his phone and delete the contacts associated with that account from the phone.

Also, other applications could jack this up. I had Lync on an Android, and between Lync, Skype, Outlook, and my local contacts, my contact list was super jacked up. Look at everything that he may be syncing, including Lync and Skype if those are installed. Facebook and LinkedIn will also sync separately, so if he uses those and has the same people on them, voilà. Dupes.

Depending on how the contacts/phonebook app is laid out... You can choose what sources to display from.

Open the contacts app -> tap either 'menu' or where it says 'Phonebook (multiple sources)' in the top-left corner (my HTC is this way) and there should be a way to just uncheck the contact sources that you don't wish to see in the list anymore.

Back
Top Bottom