What do they use at airports or coffee shops to update the TV's with adverts, news etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fekish

Beta member
Hello,

i dont know if this is relevant at all to anyone here, but i wanted to ask - maybe i'll get an answer!

I saw at aiports and coffee shops the TV's that have adverts, at the bottom some news headlines, music videos etc...
There are special programs that can do this?
And they are sent from a server to the specific coffee shop for example?

Thanks

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing for video ads at gas pumps. I keep telling my wife that soon the advertisers will have figured out a way to put a banner ad underneath the sunsets.

This is just stuff pushed over the internal network. It is the same thing you see on any display TV at Walmart. They dont use an outside source for the video feed. It is all done internally from a server in the building that gets the feed directly from the home office. It is just updated from time to time or could be using something like an Ad Sense word like Google to show relevant ads. Most likely they are ads that companies pay to show within the airport/coffee shops.

This is just stuff pushed over the internal network. It is the same thing you see on any display TV at Walmart. They dont use an outside source for the video feed. It is all done internally from a server in the building that gets the feed directly from the home office. It is just updated from time to time or could be using something like an Ad Sense word like Google to show relevant ads. Most likely they are ads that companies pay to show within the airport/coffee shops.

OK thanks,

Would you know if there a specific program for this in order to be done? For example i can do it using my home computer to show something in my shop or show something else on any other TV at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom