usb2.0 to 3.0 adapter?

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok been to the egg, tiger, C2G, can't find this. I am thinking about getting this
Newegg.com - SuperSonic SC-178DVD 7" Portable DVD Player with Built-in USB and SD Card Slot
and this
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Survivor Stealth 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model CMFSS3-32GB
but that's most likely a USB 2.0 connection on the dvd player, so I need something to accept the 3.0 male to a 2.0 female. I know these are backwards compatable, but I don't think that applies in this fashion. as far as I remember, that only truly applies for a 2.0 male to 3.0 female due to the manner that the 2.0 female is installed on hardware. the simplist answer would be to choose a 2.0 drive, but I want this particular style of corsair flash drive because it is rugged and water resistant, which is a fairly real concern in my workplace. any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated

No offense, but getting that type of flash drive is not going to help. If something is going to spill you have a 10% chance it will spill on the USB Drive while it is in the protective case. You have a 80% chance that something will spill on it while it is connected to the DVD Drive, still causing you problems. The other 10% is you dropping it after taking it out of the case and before inserting it.

Face the reality. The highest likelyhood something is going to happen is when it is already in the device. At that point, no matter if the USB Drive is waterproof in its case or not, is not going to do you any good. You are better off getting yourself a cheap USB that you can replace rather than get something expensive and get upset when that 1 time comes when it isnt protected and it gets damaged.

Plus if you read the bottom, it supports USB 2.0 as well. If you are thinking that getting this conversion piece will allow you to maintain the 3.0 speed but on a 2.0 port, aint gonna happen. Doesnt exist and isnt possible.

food for thought. I've put multiple thumb drives through a clothes washer several times. these devices still work for me. From what i remember, these were hp 8gb thumb drives. I dont worry so much about thumb drives getting wet.

also patriot should have a rugged water proof usb 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom