Thoughts on a wireless charger project

nrj78

Beta member
Hey guys! A friend of mine and I have imagined and designed a new wireless charger for your electronic devices (smartphones and tablets). It works with conduction (most wireless chargers work with induction which means electromagnetic waves emission, energy losses, speed reduction and we don't like that) and you can use it on Android and Apple devices thanks to a little sticker you equip your phone with. Thanks to our product, you can charge all your devices without having 50 different types of chargers. :)

A picture is worth a thousand words so here is one!

208928-multiCharge-8155c7-large-1463494319.png

We've named it energysquare, it has been driven by the simple idea that our phones spend a lot of time on surfaces and it will be available soon on Kickstarter. Before that, we have a few questions that we woud like to ask, in order to know your thoughts about the project. What do you think of it? Would you use it the way we described it? What would you change in our product? Is the website clear enough?

Thanks in advance, it will be most helpful for us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have read a lot of the current models of wireless charging pads are highly inefficient I would be interested to see what percentage of power is lost with this system compared to wired and other wireless pads.

@S0ULphIRE: you have one sticker for Lightning and one for Micro-USB and you can leave it on your phone or unplug it if you want to plug a wired charger! :)

@louisaloves: Working with conduction makes it possible to have charges as efficient as the ones made with a normal wired charger :)

Ahhh interesting, so your idea is to have a sticker with X port on it that is attached to your phone and plugged in like a normal charger, then that sticker has a conductive back that has to be placed over at least two squares on the pad.

I guess the fact that you can't plug in anything else while the port is being used is a bit of a downer, but in the end I mostly just use it for charging. I do break out my OTG cable about once a week, but for most this wouldn't be a deal breaker so yeah, looks like a nice idea!

Only input I can think of offering is putting up different tile sizes for purchase - e.g. I only have one phone, I don't need to buy a massive square for my desk at home. I'd much rather one tailored for one device at a time.

Back
Top Bottom