tech site that accepts guest post

cindyfeldmen

Beta member
Hi,

I am looking for a site related to technology that accept guest posting. please give a site that accepts guest posting.

Thank you,

Cindy

Sorry to inform you but we are not in the business to direct people to other sites. Very few forums want people to sign up to ask then where else to go.

I agree with above, you already registered here so why not ask here? Only makes sense.

But if your doing it cause of concerns with your IP being shown to Administrators, got some bad news for you. Even when posting as a guest, your IP will still be present. All IP's, be it for a registered member or guest are logged with a post and can be found by the Administrators of that site.

So you will have to do the leg work yourself on this one and search for what your looking for. It doesnt make sense to have people sign up here only to go to other places. No forum wants that.

I guess Tech Forums is no longer "in the business" of being helpful, either.
I don't think he's looking to be a guest poster to hide his IP. I believe he's looking for something along the lines of posting on a site like Engadget -- being a guest columnist.

Sadly, I know of no true tech sites that would allow that, unless you already write for some other site or publication.

You can be a guest poster on sites like Slashdot (sort of) and Reddit (recommended)
Reddit is more of a free and open forum where anything goes. If people like your post, they'll upvote it. If they don't, they'll make you feel like crap and downvote you into oblivion :tongue:

And Mak, you're using the wrong your there... twice.
Yeah, your point got across. I'm just a nitpicker.

Well without clarification on what exactly they are looking for in their "guest posting" I can only guess that it is a forum like ours.

I dont care if I am using the wrong you're twice or more. I am not an English major and as you said, my point got across. That is all that matters.

Yes we are in the business to help people. But helping someone who already registered on our site to other sites is not "helping" anyone. It takes people away from our site. Be it this registered member or the guests who see the topic.

Our membership is already suffering and we are having less and less contributions from people. So leading someone away from the site that is already here is only going to make that problem worse. It will not make that problem any better in anyway. There was a time when we had pages upon pages of new posts in all areas. Now we are lucky to have 2 new topics in certain areas and others havent seen activity in a long time. So excuse me from wanting to actually keep this site alive and having a reason to keep it online. Cause if the current trend continues and we continue to lose members and activity, how long do you think it will be that the owners see that the site isnt worth the cost to keep it going?

So say what you want about my tactics, but there are there cause I do love this site and want to see it continue and grow. I dont want to direct members and people away from our site, I want them to stay here and suggest new ways we can make our site better.

Well without clarification on what exactly they are looking for in their "guest posting" I can only guess that it is a forum like ours.

I dont care if I am using the wrong you're twice or more. I am not an English major and as you said, my point got across. That is all that matters.

Yes we are in the business to help people. But helping someone who already registered on our site to other sites is not "helping" anyone. It takes people away from our site. Be it this registered member or the guests who see the topic.

Our membership is already suffering and we are having less and less contributions from people. So leading someone away from the site that is already here is only going to make that problem worse. It will not make that problem any better in anyway. There was a time when we had pages upon pages of new posts in all areas. Now we are lucky to have 2 new topics in certain areas and others havent seen activity in a long time. So excuse me from wanting to actually keep this site alive and having a reason to keep it online. Cause if the current trend continues and we continue to lose members and activity, how long do you think it will be that the owners see that the site isnt worth the cost to keep it going?

So say what you want about my tactics, but there are there cause I do love this site and want to see it continue and grow. I dont want to direct members and people away from our site, I want them to stay here and suggest new ways we can make our site better.

Not for nothing, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but maybe you guys need to ease up on some of the strict rules that you have in place. I understand things like trolling with multiple accounts, opening new threads that already have active discussions on the same topic, etc, are counter-productive in many ways, however, at the same time, I'll bet you anything that part of the reason people don't bother registering and/or sticking around is because of all of the rules.

It's an online forum, a place of discussion; no one wants to be reprimanded or banned because of something trivial like a double post because they couldn't find the answer they were seeking through a search. I mean it seems like every other question has a moderator jumping in with "Rule 22 under article 42, section 27, subsection D clearly states that such and such is strictly prohibited." If that's the mentality and vibe that's going around, then people will think to themselves why even bother.

Again, take it for what it's worth, but it's just an observation/suggestion. I know several others feel the same way, but I figured I'd bite the bullet and throw it out there because even though I'm new myself to the tech-forums community, I would like to see to grow and expand as well.

It sounds like this person is trying to get some suggestions as to which websites allow guest posting, as in blog guest posting. Either because they're genuinely interested in lending their writing skills to a tech blog just to sort of hone their skills or to pimp out their own site / links. Guest posting on blogs is a really popular way to gain backlinks to your own site. That's what I assume this person is looking for, anyway.

If that's the case, I do know of some sites that allow this, but I don't want to disrespect the staff of tech-forums by linking off-site. Plus, I don't want to be banned.

So Ksod, if membership is suffering, why not open up to other ideas like allowing members to talk about networking for job placements and such? Like what people are doing for a living in the tech field, etc....?

thanks.

I think Tech Forums is doing enough by itself at getting rid of members :rolleyes:

It's not so bad for well established members who tend to get away with more stuff, but it's a pretty frightening forum for new members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom