palm Tungsten question

Status
Not open for further replies.

houssam_ballout

Baseband Member
hello all
I have a question about the Palm Tungsten W series:
I want to move an audio file to it, how can I do that?
thanks

first, you must have the palm desktop...A free download from palmone.com
Install it, and then you need to set up a connection(conduit) between the palm and your computer, fairly easy to do. If your palm is connected with a USB cord, click on the hot sync icon in the system tray and select Local USB. Sync your palm, setting up the rest of the connection.
After you have synced for the first time, provided you have a SD card slot, you can choose where to install the audio file with the Palm Quick Install program. It is not required that you have an SD card slot, but you need to check your documentation and make sure your palm can support audio files and of what format. Should be a piece of cake from there.

ok, thanks
thats what I have done, but when I go with my Palm into the Card, it is labelled, AUdio Direcoty 1 file with size...
So how can I view what is inside the card???
thanks

To view the acutual directory sturcture and files that are in those directories, you will need a card reader of some sort. The palm mounts the card automatically, and the applications on the palm automatically create the directories they need to function, but for some reason, I get this on my Tungsten E, I cannot view the directories/files that are on my card when in the palm. I've always had to use a card reader. This is a nice feature because once you palm has mounted the card as a volume AND your palm applications have recoginized your card, your directories are created. You then can utilize the card reader to place anything you want, as long as it's in the proper directories. Say, music in the music directory when you want to play it on your palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom