Object detection in real 3D space

MalteseFalcon

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site so hope I am posting in the right place. I have an idea for a piece of new technology in the film industry. Part of the idea relies on knowing where one (real/physical) object is in relation to another in 3d space. This data has to precise and with minimal lag (when movement occurs). Technology can be attached to either or both of the objects but it cannot rely on line of sight (as there may be objects in the way) or anything that shows in the environment (eg the dot of a laser). So far all I have been able to find is incredibly laggy and inaccurate GPS based systems. My question is: does anyone know if there is an incredibly un-laggy and accurate GPS system or if there is another type of technology that can provide this data. The first object only needs to know where the second object is in relation to it's own position.

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Sounds like UAV stuff, The government def has some lol but what your asking is common on a lot of UAV forums and there are tons on the web that might be able to help, What is this for out of curiosity?

Back
Top Bottom