Nvidia Upcoming GPUs Line-Up For Q2/Q3

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
nvgpulineupqk2.gif

For the high-end enthusiasts segment., Nvidia will launch GeForce 9900 GTX and 9900 GTS in July to replace the 9800 GX2 and GTX. There is a die shrink on G92 for GeForce 9800 GT cards. Nvidia has also cancelled plans to launch GeForce 9800 GTS because there are simply too many high end GPUs. We told you earlier, GeForce 9600 GSO will launch on May 13th which is just a rebrand of the 8800 GS. The rest of the mainstream and value GPUs like 9500 GT, 9500 GS, 9300 GE and 9300 GS will come in June-July timeframe.

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Nvidia Upcoming GPUs Line-Up For Q2/Q3

just rebranding/recycling the chips? Man, that's a let down. Hopefully the die shrink will allow them to make some other improvements... just pushing the same chips out wiht a new name is nothing new.

just rebranding/recycling the chips? Man, that's a let down. Hopefully the die shrink will allow them to make some other improvements... just pushing the same chips out wiht a new name is nothing new.
9900 series will have a faster GPU (GT200).
9800 series are G92 based (9800 GT with a die shrink of the G92)

So basically the new high-end battle will be GT200 vs RV770
I don't know if Nvidia are planning on having a card with 2 x GT200 cores though (R700 will be a dual core RV770)

Looking forward to good competition between the high-end GPU's. Just like old times...

XD I hear ya. im pretty excited. i think the GT200 is gonna have to be pretty good if they want to beat out the r700
the fan on my ultra is starting to make some weird noise so i'd like to get a new card before it blows up >.>

XD I hear ya. im pretty excited. i think the GT200 is gonna have to be pretty good if they want to beat out the r700
the fan on my ultra is starting to make some weird noise so i'd like to get a new card before it blows up >.>

you would rather get a brand new card for hundreds of dollars than replace the fan?

why on earth would nvidia change their GPU naming convention...again *sigh*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom