Napster Bought By Rhapsody And Being Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Napster which was the first music sharing site before any others is being shutdown in the next few days. Rhapsody has purchased Napster and will be shutting it down. Napster which has been around since the 90′s and change the music business for better and for always. The company was founded by Shawn Parker and Shawn Fanning two college students. Most people remember the story of Napster being sued by Metallica. I remember being in high school and being into computers and just remembering how Napster was the craze. I remember watching the MTV music awards and Shawn Fanning walking out in a Metallica T-Shirt. The end of an error I hope for Shawn Parker that Spotify takes off it's a great service and will take the place but never replace the great Napster.

Well Napster is still available in Uk and Germany and was in Canada too until a while ago. And now, that it was acquired by Rhapsody it's still going to be around. In Europe at least. Or so they are saying, I guess you also heard the news.
I am a little bummed up because they decided to remove the mp3 download feature, although I guess there are other alternatives to get that music playing offline. I know this Tunebite software was good for recording and converting Napster protected music files a while ago..Anywho I am really curious how Napster is going to function if they are going to transfer everything to the Rhapsody infrastructure..don't really know what that means exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom