Future of pc's,what it will be like

vigkeo1981

Beta member
Hello everyone,i am using pc's since the 80's (I am not that old,but i was young and curious). From the mouse that did nothing in a dos os, just went around the screen,clrs commands and dir's, from huge floppy to today :)

I have seen rise and fall of companies,fails and successes of OS's, and HD'S (Hard Drive before High Definition)from MB's to GB's to TB's

I started wondering what will the future will be in 10-20-30 years in the future.

I don't think something dramatically is going to occur in the near future, tablets and smart phones are still young and evolving, and even if the personal pc is declining, i somehow see it getting back to life.

I imagine a world years from now, after the economic's get better, a GBit's and even Tbit's per second coming to internet services, and as i see pc companies like Apple and Windows will make all of their OS's compatible between tablets and Pc's, and so you could upload, not just your files over the cloud, but your entire oporating system as well, that, or the OS's will be cloud based, and so the programs as well, so no matter what you use, tablets laptops or PC's,you could download your hall os, or access it online, and compair to your specs the programm's will adapt to that, and so people will wish to get something stable like pc or laptop, since some programs or apps will work easier on laptop or pc, they might as well wish to control them easier.

I do also believe that there will be a brakethrough as to someone finding a way to send a wireless battery charger like wiFi making the battery almost always charged, having said that i do also see however a more distance human relationship between humans interacting in public and in home.

I was among the first to embrase the internet and chatrooms, back when their was irc,then ms cartoon chat, icq, msn, yahoo messenger and so on, and sometimes i think that i made a tribute to today's human interaction,when alot of people just surf through their phones and act like strangers,even when they sit next to each other.

As i recall a girl that was sitting next to me asked "Hey,since you know alot about pc and stuff, i heard of an app that gives you free phone chat's, do you know it??Do you know a good one???" and i replied. "Of course i do,i do know of a very great, good and stable app,it's called mouth"

So what do you imagine the future of pc,pro's and con's

More virtual tech, I think VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) will be the next big thing for commercial use as businesses take it up as is cost effective and easier to manage a single image.

More virtual tech, I think VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) will be the next big thing for commercial use as businesses take it up as is cost effective and easier to manage a single image.

VDI's are already just that - the last place I worked was rolling them out to a lot of users for their standard system. Pretty sure a lot of other corporations are picking them up as well.

VDI's are already just that - the last place I worked was rolling them out to a lot of users for their standard system. Pretty sure a lot of other corporations are picking them up as well.

Maybe in USA.. but in the UK there isn't really a market as such yet.

I just spoke to one of my buddy who does help desk and he mentioned VDI, I had no idea what he was talking about at first.
They might have an opening soon, I might think about this now

I just spoke to one of my buddy who does help desk and he mentioned VDI, I had no idea what he was talking about at first.
They might have an opening soon, I might think about this now

I dont think much people know about it in general, most people i talk to arent aware but like I said thats here in the UK. I think getting a headstart in that area will be good.

If HPs "The Machine" turns out to be more than vaporware I could see something like that revolutionizing how computers affect our world.

I recently started watching the show Continuum .. its on netflix. Its' setting takes place in 2077 and the concepts for tech they show seem like things that could be developed.

Heres an example:
CMR - cellular memory recorder: a device that allows cellular memory to be recorded and submitted to a database. Task force police (anti-terrorism) in 2077 are equipped with it so their senses and experiences can be used in court.

Stuff like this is a long way from being reality but the concepts and the theory are there to support this potential growth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom