Cisco ASA 5500 X Series

Emilio

Solid State Member
Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you know, that internally we use cisco 5500 series. But after trying 5500 Series X and FirePower Service with it - my emotions just didn't have a border!

Does anyone uses Cisco ASA 5500 Series firewall, let me know what are your thoughts on it?

If you would like to know a little bit more detailed information on it, you can follow this link here:

Peace and blessings to everyone, especially with an upcoming snow storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,
I've used plenty in the 5500 range, from 5510 - 5550 in the old rand and 5512x up to the 5525x in the new range.

Have never found a place with the throughput need nor money to get something higher than that.

The commercial link to a shop was removed. If you want to know about Cisco. They have a very informative website.

thanks a lot root for your response! I just wanted to see what opther users think about it!

We curently have a promotion, where US Cisco ASA 5500 Users can upgrade to a newer version + FirePower could be included in the bundle.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in a Cisco shop, so we deal mostly with ASAs and we've just started rolling out the X series. I'm not sure what there is to say about it - I'm fairly comfortable with them but I haven't used other vendors extensively enough to be able to compare. ADSM is terrible, but you should be using the CLI when it comes to Cisco, anyway.

Thank you for your inside DistraughtSysop, I'll definitely make sure I use CLI! :)

Cheers!!

I wouldn't listen to him Emilio, he gets paid by Cisco to say that.
If you prefer the GUI then use it, its all about personal choice.

The new 5500-X is simply there addition of "Advanced Malware Protection" . Sourcefire who is the company that Cisco acquired for this product, built Firepower as a Data Center IPS and normally not at consumer level.

Like always, this is claim to the greatest next-level future of the world, you will certainly get hacked if you don't have it IPS.
They will of course be phasing out the old system in favor of this in the future.

I have not seen it in production use but I see this as just another re-vamp of an a tool with a new face and calling i the next best thing.

Last edited:
Wow, greatr insights. I actuallt thought of the same thing. I see Cisco is trying to expand its Security beyond the traiditional firewall and add more of software features and bundles.

Thank you Reckless!

I wouldn't listen to him Emilio, he gets paid by Cisco to say that.
If you prefer the GUI then use it, its all about personal choice.
How exactly did you come to that conclusion? lol

Usually CLI is more powerful than the GUI, in pretty much every tool or OS.

Back
Top Bottom