Anyone got experience with Restaurant Self Order Systems?

HKPatel7

Beta member
Hi folks,

I'm doing some consulting for a small restaurant in Canada (Mississauga, Ontario to be specific), and they're looking at the whole idea of Self Ordering Systems/Technology.

You know, things like ordering food on smartphones, tablets, kiosks.

It's not really my area of expertise and I was hoping for some advice/answers on these questions from people who actually have experience with this kind of technology.

Here's some of the questions I have (feel free to answer only the ones you want)

1) What do you guys think is the best/some of the best Self Ordering Systems? What advantages/disadvantages do they offer?

2) What external devices are required for a Self Ordering System for a restaurant with about 50 tables? E.g.: Dedicated servers, tablets, smartwatches?

3) Does anyone know any Self-ordering Systems which allow people to split menus for multiple users onto one touch screen?

4) For the program you recommend, can the restaurant owner modify the menu, add photos, discounts?

5) Does the program work with any kind of digital device, like touch screen, kiosks, tablets?

6) Is it possible to use an existing POS system and only modify the Self Ordering part with beautiful visual displays?

7) How much does the basic package cost for these programs?

8) Are there existing codes/programs that I can use to develop a personalized program?

9) I guess the most important question is: what's the best self order system for a restaurant with 50 tables?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

How much will you pay me to complete your survey? :cool:

I find it strange your a consultant for this field but know nothing about it....

Last edited:
He's wanting us to do his work for him. My rate is $120usd per hour. If you want something done on the week ends, forget it. You couldn't afford me.

OP never said he was a tech consultant guys... Just that he's doing consulting for a restaurant. I didn't see anywhere about anything "us wanting to do his work for him". No need to push away members. If you don't have any valid input, don't post.

Him posting the question pretty sure IS research.

carnageX and Trotter, thanks for not going nuclear on me. Just to clear some things up: I'm not conducting a survey, and I'm not completely ignorant on the subject of Self Ordering systems.

I've actually done a fair amount of research on the subject (I just heard of this new thing. I think it's called...Smoogle? No...Google? Yeah; that's it!).

I've looked at different companies, emailed them asking the above questions, read different articles, blogs, etc, but these just provide facts and point out how Self Order systems are a growing trend. The problem is they don't really have any 1st HAND accounts from people who actually have EXPERIENCE with Self Ordering technology in a restaurant setting.

And the restaurant I'm consulting for hasn't implemented the technology; they're just considering it. But they want to know more about the whole thing from people who've used the technology before, either restaurant owners or tech professionals.

So any one who has experience with this is welcome to share whatever information they want.

Oh, and Trotter, thanks for the link; I haven't seen that one before.

Thanks.

OP never said he was a tech consultant guys... Just that he's doing consulting for a restaurant. I didn't see anywhere about anything "us wanting to do his work for him". No need to push away members. If you don't have any valid input, don't post.

Him posting the question pretty sure IS research.

Not really a member, just someone asking a question, you always say we get alot of them... If you work in the consulting of restaurants, you should know about the tech used in the current market - that's the point of being a consultant.

You wont make it in the UK market without this knowledge, fact. You would need to take some courses and gain experience in it (getting a new job).

So if I answer his questions, he'll go to the restaurant and tell them XYZ and get paid..

anyways my opinion said, ill stay out of this thread now :cool:

Last edited:
Not really a member, just someone asking a question, you always say we get alot of them... If you work in the consulting of restaurants, you should know about the tech used in the current market - that's the point of being a consultant.

You wont make it in the UK market without this knowledge, fact. You would need to take some courses and gain experience in it (getting a new job).

So if I answer his questions, he'll go to the restaurant and tell them XYZ and get paid..

anyways my opinion said, ill stay out of this thread now :cool:

Guess that means nobody should have paid attention to any of your threads when you asked questions about your job, right? You should just know. Or any of the other members that ask questions when they need help with stuff at their job(s). They'll "just take our advice, and go get paid to do it". Seriously man... We're here to help.

Guess that means nobody should have paid attention to any of your threads when you asked questions about your job, right? You should just know. Or any of the other members that ask questions when they need help with stuff at their job(s). They'll "just take our advice, and go get paid to do it". Seriously man... We're here to help.

Simple answer, Im not a consultant.. when I am, I will be a expert in the field, as that's why I would be a consult..

I do help, its evident. But when someone makes a post about consulting, they hired him/ her because he/her told the restaurant they can help and charge them for this..

There is nothing wrong in him/ her asking for help so he can keep his client, but I'd like to get paid aswell to help him, otherwise tell me the company and I'd directly contact them and provide the support they need at less pay.

Would there be a problem with that? after all i'd be helping the restaurant?

Back
Top Bottom