13 Technology Predictions For 2011 - informationweek.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
good stuff in here about microsoft apple andriod tablets and more

13 Technology Predictions For 2011 -- InformationWeek

12. Your company will start to use IPv6, and it may be painful. Despite a lot of IPv6 groundwork being laid by the industry over the past ten years, IPv6 is still a tough sell for many organizations. But it's no false alarm that the world is running out of IPv4 addresses, so a serious transition must start to happen this year. This will open up multiple worm cans of security, performance, application, and network management issues. Network administrators will be earning their pay in 2011 for sure.

Yeah, that article is really interesting. The new Google phone is particularly interesting as it will be used as a digital wallet. Very interesting and well worth the read.

I think some trends will pull through. They didn't mention the App trend though. I think Apps are already available everywhere on your phone, gadgets, computers.
And with more tablets, media players, and other devices, we're just going to see an App for everything you can imagine. I finde that some Apps are kind of unnecessary.
However, I do really look forward to gadgets that have free internet tv, radio and media content like Mediafly.

I agree with Druid and don't believe the newspaper prediction. Some smaller newspapers may fold and go to Internet only but not the larger ones. I'll believe this as soon as the Yellow Pages are Internet only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom