What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

i hear you SouL, rewind a few years ago and i competed in COD4 matches, my rig went down and i hadnt played for a few months, got my computer back up and running hopped on a server and got raped... ever since then i only play single player, im just not willing to put in the effort to maintain a skill level where ill have fun on servers. i wish they would make a Battle Field game like the original where you could play what is now mulitplayer game play single playerly. Battle field 1942/desert combat/vietnam/BF2, man THOSE were the days. i want that game play back. ive only played single player BF3, but from watching videos on youtube, it seems like the kind of game play im looking for is the BF3 mulitplayer, but like you said... playing a " how fast can i respawn " game doesnt interest me. let me play the same kind of game play with a bunch of bots with my brother in the other room over LAN, and blow groups of AIs back to kingdom come with a tank.

Dont get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy playing single player, the COD story line is AMAZING and blows my mind to think its not too far off to think it could actually happen. but i MOSTLY play games for the graphics. Thats why i have a Gaming computer, and not a console. A consoles graphics will NEVER come close to my $2000 computer.

I've always been terrible at the BF series, especially with BF3. Just can't get used to it. Much prefer CSS, SWBF, etc.
Guess my main gripe is in BF3 you can't see anyone lol, they're all just god damn invisible. Sneak along the edge of the map, bam suddenly dead from this guy who's popped outta nowhere. Go full garry down the middle, dead in 2 seconds. Go sniper and prone on this little hidden bushy area, bam sniped by someone on the opposite side of the world. Rage quit.
I had the same problem in the beta and realized most of it was simply hacking. I've found some good servers because of Trotter and don't really have this problem at all (just ask him). It also helps to up your stats and get better weapons. You can't kill **** with the starting weaponry.

i hear you SouL, rewind a few years ago and i competed in COD4 matches, my rig went down and i hadnt played for a few months, got my computer back up and running hopped on a server and got raped... ever since then i only play single player, im just not willing to put in the effort to maintain a skill level where ill have fun on servers. i wish they would make a Battle Field game like the original where you could play what is now mulitplayer game play single playerly. Battle field 1942/desert combat/vietnam/BF2, man THOSE were the days. i want that game play back. ive only played single player BF3, but from watching videos on youtube, it seems like the kind of game play im looking for is the BF3 mulitplayer, but like you said... playing a " how fast can i respawn " game doesnt interest me. let me play the same kind of game play with a bunch of bots with my brother in the other room over LAN, and blow groups of AIs back to kingdom come with a tank.

Dont get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy playing single player, the COD story line is AMAZING and blows my mind to think its not too far off to think it could actually happen. but i MOSTLY play games for the graphics. Thats why i have a Gaming computer, and not a console. A consoles graphics will NEVER come close to my $2000 computer.
CoD4 was great till 12yo kids took over and hackers. I can't step foot in a CoD4 PC server anymore without hacking going on like crazy.

Its the same on Xbox, every cod 4 lobby is hacked. Unlimited noobtubes speed hack jump height unlimited ammo you name it. Also half the screen is taken up from writing saying things like I got speedhack from.....blah blah blah. Really annoying.

How long have you played on bf3 PP, I only just managed to get a 1 k/d after near a day of game time. Now I have some good guns I can finally kill people :)

I don't think that I could ever make myself buy a $60 fan. Even half that price is a lot to ask.
I have 4 of the 120 mm version at $20+ each...love these fans. Just wanted to test the 140mm. Lol funny thing is that I did not know it was $60 until you mentioned it.
T-rads are sweet... But heavy.. Though i had mineon an 8800gt.
Yea...I have one for my 1st 8800 and I'm getting it for my 2nd 8800gt so they can both fold w/o getting too hot.

I've always been terrible at the BF series, especially with BF3. Just can't get used to it. Much prefer CSS, SWBF, etc.
Guess my main gripe is in BF3 you can't see anyone lol, they're all just god damn invisible. Sneak along the edge of the map, bam suddenly dead from this guy who's popped outta nowhere. Go full garry down the middle, dead in 2 seconds. Go sniper and prone on this little hidden bushy area, bam sniped by someone on the opposite side of the world. Rage quit.

I had the same problem in the beta and realized most of it was simply hacking. I've found some good servers because of Trotter and don't really have this problem at all (just ask him). It also helps to up your stats and get better weapons. You can't kill **** with the starting weaponry.

CoD4 was great till 12yo kids took over and hackers. I can't step foot in a CoD4 PC server anymore without hacking going on like crazy.

Its the same on Xbox, every cod 4 lobby is hacked. Unlimited noobtubes speed hack jump height unlimited ammo you name it. Also half the screen is taken up from writing saying things like I got speedhack from.....blah blah blah. Really annoying.

How long have you played on bf3 PP, I only just managed to get a 1 k/d after near a day of game time. Now I have some good guns I can finally kill people :)

The Battlefield series happens to be my favorite games, but I can be objective about them.

The graphics on BF3 make it harder to see the opposition. BF2 did this also but not as much as BF3. On BF2 I could tweak the graphics settings to get rid of most of this but BF3 is a whole different animal in that respect. I do, however, normally play with the graphics set to low so there is not as much "stuff" in the way. I also turn Digital Vibrance all the way up to give me better contrast (fugly for anything else, but works well for the game).

The starting weapons are not that great, but once you learn how to handle them they work as good as any others in the game. Each weapon handles a little differently than the others and it is through playing them that you get a handle on each one. Witht hat said, I am better with certain weapons than with others.

BF3 has its share of hackers unfortunately. EA has been doing a decent job at closing up the holes but there are still plenty who use hacks. When someone is hacking on a server people leave; good servers have admins online to ban said idiots ASAP. I know my old clan does this as much as possible on their servers.

I played the beta for a few days before getting a job and have only recently started playing again. Maybe a week or so. I only play for maybe an hour at a time with the other night as an exception. Played for about 12 or so hours and my hand is still killing me.

That SanAce is 1900rpm at 117 rated cfm. That is why it is 60 bucks.

Broke down and bought the Logitech G110 Gaming keyboard instead of the Razer. I like the setup,. but the space bar is still a little tight. That will wear with time though. The only thing I wish is that it could go to the light side of colors. Reds, Purples, and Blues are all it can do. One more LED light set and it could have the other crayons included. :p

But over all I'm happy with it, and surprising enough, the lighter purple is actually growing on me. LOL

Back
Top Bottom