What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

evga_sr-x_feb_01.jpg

Oh, it exists.

didnt even know that existed, lol. I would definitely get the cosmos 2, its just so awesome. And like PP said you dont have to upgrade for ages.

Same. They're huuuuge.
evga_sr-x_feb_01.jpg

Aww, ninja'd.

evga_sr-x_feb_01.jpg

Oh, it exists.

Anyone that buys that on a semi-low budget with processors to boot, maybe in the whole for the next 2 months or so.
I never seen a motherboard that big, except for maybe the opteron and xeons server motherboards.

It may work too perfectly, but its looks ******* scary, and god forbid if you break it by accident. #_#

EVGA is once again teasing the SR-X motherboard. This photo ^^^^^^^ shows it SR-X in a final stage, equipped with an updated cooling solution made up of four heatsinks (covering VRM areas and chipsets).The SR-X comes with two LGA 2011 sockets (it supports Sandy Bridge-E CPUs for single-processor setups and Sandy Bridge-EP CPUs for dual-chip configurations), 12 DDR3 memory slots (up to 96 GB of RAM are supported), two (one 8-pin and one 6-pin) power connectors per CPU, six SATA and four SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) ports, seven PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots (SLI and CrossFireX support is included), PCIe disable switches, voltage read points, a debug LED, dual Gigabit Ethernet, two eSATA ports, 7.1 channel audio, Bluetooth, EVBot support, and six USB 3.0 connectors (four on the back plate, two via a header).EVGA is promising more details about the SR-X 'soon'.

And you would need all this because....... IMO it is slightly overkill

btw how do you do the quote thing
...whatever you are quoting
and the spoiler thing and all that stuff like spoiler etc.??

Anyone that buys that on a semi-low budget with processors to boot, maybe in the whole for the next 2 months or so.
I never seen a motherboard that big, except for maybe the opteron and xeons server motherboards.

It may work too perfectly, but its looks ******* scary, and god forbid if you break it by accident. #_#
This mobo when it comes out will cost well over 600 and each CPU for it will cost over a grand a piece. Whoever can afford this can seriously afford a replacement because they will most likely have it under LN2 (Kingpin).

EVGA is once again teasing the SR-X motherboard. This photo ^^^^^^^ shows it SR-X in a final stage, equipped with an updated cooling solution made up of four heatsinks (covering VRM areas and chipsets).The SR-X comes with two LGA 2011 sockets (it supports Sandy Bridge-E CPUs for single-processor setups and Sandy Bridge-EP CPUs for dual-chip configurations), 12 DDR3 memory slots (up to 96 GB of RAM are supported), two (one 8-pin and one 6-pin) power connectors per CPU, six SATA and four SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) ports, seven PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots (SLI and CrossFireX support is included), PCIe disable switches, voltage read points, a debug LED, dual Gigabit Ethernet, two eSATA ports, 7.1 channel audio, Bluetooth, EVBot support, and six USB 3.0 connectors (four on the back plate, two via a header).EVGA is promising more details about the SR-X 'soon'.

And you would need all this because....... IMO it is slightly overkill

btw how do you do the quote thing
...whatever you are quoting
and the spoiler thing and all that stuff like spoiler etc.??
This board isn't meant for your average enthusiast, it is meant for people like Kingpin who will mount an LN2 block on anything just to get the latest record.

So pointless. Number of games that can use two CPU's properly ? Zero.

That said i'd totally buy one if I were super mega rich. Infact i'm sad and have my exact room setup including all the tech and PC's i'd want all figured out just incase i win the euromillions.

That said i'd totally buy one if I were super mega rich. Infact i'm sad and have my exact room setup including all the tech and PC's i'd want all figured out just incase i win the euromillions.

they call you sad now, but you'll be the one laughing when you win, what age can you buy the national lottery over here. Is it 16?

they call you sad now, but you'll be the one laughing when you win, what age can you buy the national lottery over here. Is it 16?

Yep. Though I only started playing since I was 18 because you couldn't do it online at the age of 16. You can't expect a tech geek to go all the way to the shop and get a physical playslip.. :p

But seriously i've always been sure I would have a server room next to my actual room, there would be a moderately power server farm in there likely GPU based so I can spend more time having fun in RealFlow 2012 and various other programs which usually require hours of rendering/baking and simulating.

Also my actual desktop mega mega PC would be built into the same server room, I would simply wire up the disc drive, usb ports, audio ports and monitor into my room. That way I don't have to put up with loud fan noises and all that crap and could keep it in a room just above freezing temperature. The other side of my room would be a super expensive home cinema set up probably costing a couple hundred grand (big bedroom :) ).

I'd be tempted to pay Samsung to send me their latest OLED screens every few months too.

That board isn't meant for any of us.

Back
Top Bottom