What You've Just Bought!

After receiving several Amazon gift cards and getting the go-ahead from my wife I have ordered my Christmas upgrades.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
ASRock X570 EXTREME4 WiFi AX X570 Motherboard
CORSAIR RM650 Fully Modular Power Supply

and a set of 2x4GB DDR4 to use in my current CPU/mobo for my wife's computer.

NICE!!!

I received a bunch of clothes which I needed and a Mushkin Helix L 1TB M.2 Drive.

Honestly I wouldn't mind receiving some new clothes, but at my size I have to try things on first and I despise going to a store for that. I have found my correct size with a brand of shoe through Amazon so I can cover that aspect easily enough now.

Once I get my upgrades installed I will have a second M.2 slot available. I may just have to go for one of those somewhere down the line for an updated Games drive.

And you just reminded me to update my sig.

Welp. Signed paperwork for a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali; black exterior/interior, chrome trim, and factory-tinted windows (part of the Denali package, I assume). Trading both mine and my wife's cars in for it. Dealership we got it from is about 90mi away, and they're still waiting on new tires for it - so they'll drive it up to us once they get 'em in/put on, and drive our cars down back down to the dealership.

Denali's are pretty good, but not sure about the 2fer special... Unless it's a win for you. 1 payment instead of 2 always helps. The only thing bad about them is the gas mileage. Kinda like my Ram; unless you do a lot of highway driving, they pretty much suck in the city.

Denali's are pretty good, but not sure about the 2fer special... Unless it's a win for you. 1 payment instead of 2 always helps. The only thing bad about them is the gas mileage. Kinda like my Ram; unless you do a lot of highway driving, they pretty much suck in the city.

Was only 1 payment (didn't have any payments on my car), but not worth much anymore (2004 Monte Carlo). With our expanding family, however, a 2-door car just isn't the greatest now tho. Payment for this is less than the payment on her vehicle, however. So we are saving money overall.

I'll just ride my motorcycle in the spring/summer more to/from work, with only 1 vehicle. Eventually we'll get a secondary vehicle (was thinking something like a little Chevy S10).

Living in SD in the winter is going to suck with only one ride.
If your both working this could be an issue. I have a trailblazer and the transmission cooling lines rusted out on my GM Trailblazer because it was made of steel instead aluminum ... that was a $400.00 fix . Are you prepared for such cost with the mileage on the suv? On another note my Trailblazer is an '06 with 145K miles on it and it still runs, although the cost of running it is starting to increase (currently wheel hubs and a minor pressure leak in the fuel system)
(Your purchasing a vehicle that is 9yrs old)

Last edited:
Living in SD in the winter is going to suck with only one ride.
If your both working this could be an issue. I have a trailblazer and the transmission cooling lines rusted out on my GM Trailblazer because it was made of steel instead aluminum ... that was a $400.00 fix . Are you prepared for such cost with the mileage on the suv? On another note my Trailblazer is an '06 with 145K miles on it and it still runs, although the cost of running it is starting to increase (currently wheel hubs and a minor pressure leak in the fuel system)
(Your purchasing a vehicle that is 9yrs old)

Meh, lots of people do the 1 vehicle thing in SD in Winter. Not a big deal in a small town like where I am, where it's 10 minutes to get across town if need be. I see quite a few people dropping off/picking up their SO's in the morning, lunchtime, and end of day.

Currently she's not working no, to save money from daycare. Eventually we'll get a second vehicle; either a car again or maybe an S10 if I can find one for cheap.

My current car is 16 years old, so meh. I'm not scared of the age - I've always owned "older" cars. Buying new is stupid, IMO, as far as value goes.

Back
Top Bottom