What You've Just Bought!

Phasing isn't subwoofer dependent. Speakers can be out of phase with themselves due to reversed polarity somewhere in the wiring chain of my car from back of radio, to amp, to speaker. The specific link talks specifically about multiple woofers being out of phase due to inverted vs non-inverted, but the pictures show enough as well as the second line. 1 speaker reversed can cause canceled out bass. This is proven by the fact that my new sub/box pushed a ton more but the amp still needs to be reversed phase due to something in the chain being out of phase. More than likely the rear speakers as they're the woofer part of the rear component system and utilizing the stock amp. This is why I said it won't be an issue when I get a 4 channel amp as I'll be wiring everything manually and I know it'll be wired correctly. In fact I'm eyeballing a JBL 5 channel amp now so the sub is also on the same amp. 65W per channel plus 500W RMS to the sub seems reasonable enough to me and I won't need to push it as there won't be any phasing issues.

Last edited:
Well lawd knows I ain't no audio engineer :p I'm only going off what I know from physics which says the frequencies have to match before phase differences become an issue.
e.g. https://dosits.org/science/advanced-topics/phase/
I don't know if you think I mean phasing issues can only occur with woofers (hell naw xD) but if you've got a lpf at ~150hz in place for your speakers then any sub 150hz signal out of your woofer wont' have competing frequencies being output by any other speaker, no matter what style they are. I *think* what you might be thinking of isn't a phasing issue but an amplitude difference issue? I honestly don't know :p I need to get a better grasp on this ****.

Last edited:
Well lawd knows I ain't no audio engineer :p I'm only going off what I know from physics which says the frequencies have to match before phase differences become an issue.
e.g. https://dosits.org/science/advanced-topics/phase/
I don't know if you think I mean phasing issues can only occur with woofers (hell naw xD) but if you've got a lpf at ~150hz in place for your speakers then any sub 150hz signal out of your woofer wont' have competing frequencies being output by any other speaker, no matter what style they are. I *think* what you might be thinking of isn't a phasing issue but an amplitude difference issue? I honestly don't know :p I need to get a better grasp on this ****.
In fact they go together. The speakers can go down to 45hz but can't handle pushing such low frequencies so most "bass volume" from these should be heard between the 100 and 500hz range. This is technically considered "low mid" range and where the system severely lacks. This is what tells me there is a serious phasing issue between the speakers. When trying to argue the fact that the article concentrates on out of phase subs in one box, you forgot that the vehicle in question is technically also the "box" for all speakers in question. Most people when they get subs they set their cross over between 80 and 100hz but since this system in it's current form sucks hard I max the crossover at 120hz. You can tell there's a phasing issue from point 1 that I mentioned before, simply selecting the reverse phase on the sub amp I get way more response and audible volume/rumble. Point 2 is that any frequency above 120hz being cut off loses amplitude due to out of phase speakers.

There's a ton of science behind it but the bottom line is rather simple in this case. It only takes one speaker in a system to be sent reverse signal to have less boom boom. Out of phase systems also lack clarity in punch which makes the system sound muddy.

Edit: And I want to clarify I don't claim to be an expert at this subject. When we talk the real sciency stuff like this topic it's well above me. My dad was the college educated audio engineer and he could talk your ear off about it. I only know what he could explain to me as a teenager in simplified terminology, and what I experienced being in that business for ~12 years of my life. But I'm definitely not confused on phasing being the issue, I just don't think I'm really communicating the why good enough so it makes sense.

Last edited:
Apple Magic Trackpad 3.

For two reasons:

1) The utilities and software required to make a Logitech mouse nice and slick on MacOS is just annoying, because they eat up almost 300MB ram, take up 3 icons in the taskbar, and sometimes crashed.

2) MacOS gestures to my surprise are actually useful and good to use. I genuinely find it quicker and more comfortable to use their big *** trackpad than a 3rd party mouse.

edit:

Scratch that, actually 3 reasons. Force touch is pretty nice, and I miss it when using the mouse.

So I got £1300 in bonus this month. Also got an Amazon voucher from work for getting the best customer surveys. I've bought;
1) Switch Pro Controller
2) Let's Go Eevee for Switch
3) Switch carry case
4) a XXL gaming pad for work (900x400)
5) Spent £300 on... leather goods.

So I got £1300 in bonus this month. Also got an Amazon voucher from work for getting the best customer surveys. I've bought;
1) Switch Pro Controller
2) Let's Go Eevee for Switch
3) Switch carry case
4) a XXL gaming pad for work (900x400)
5) Spent £300 on... leather goods.
:lol::lol:

Lol I can't imagine spending 300 quid on sex stuff. I can't even be bothered to fap 90% of the time, let alone spend money on the topic.
It's different with a partner, who's into that kinda stuff.

9000 posts bois.

Next post you'll be OVER 9000!!!!!!111!!!!

That's a meme I had to dust the cob webs off of :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom