What You've Just Bought!

Been getting into D&D 5e a lot more recently so have been buying D&D stuff!
- Cleric Spellbook Cards
- Xanathar's Guide to Everything
- Notebook, decent mechanical pencil
- A bunch of minis, having my partner paint them

Finally upgrading from Haswell!
- Ryzen 5 3600 (didn't get the X as I wanted to stay in the 65W bracket)
- 2x8GB DDR3-3600 CL18
- MSI B450M Mortar Max
- 1x Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm (just to get a wee bit more airflow in my case, currently have 3x140mm)

- 2x8GB DDR3-3600 CL18
- MSI B450M Mortar Max
- 1x Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm (just to get a wee bit more airflow in my case, currently have 3x140mm)
You know that basically all TDP values are a lie, right? Even from AMD. Even still, nice upgrade!

Yesterday, I bought my first ever USB-C to DP cable. I also got a small UPS to go in the garage for my ONT to replace the one that fried, as well as an Audio-Technica shotgun mic.

- 2x8GB DDR3-3600 CL18
- MSI B450M Mortar Max

And since upgrading, all I've played is Heroes of Might and Magic III, a 21-year-old game from my childhood.

LOL. Yup... Completely understand. I am replaying. Half-Life (Black Mesa) The original Prey, and the original Hellgate: London. All on a 1080ti

Oh but I am also playing Deep Rock Galactic as well. :p

Agreed... Overkill. I think it's gonna be a long while before I even think about an upgrade now. I'm not IT (Professionally), I'm not a developer, content creator, coder, etc... I do some encoding work and a smidge of adobe, but mostly play games. Once games get out of the realm of my GPU/CPU... Then I'll think about it.

But we (by we, I mean her) bought a metric ton of flowers, veggies, herbs; with all the associated soil, pots, planters, etc... So now it's been the matter of making it pretty. :p

Been trying more CPU-limited games like Cities Skylines and Elder Scrolls Online - biiig boost in performance!

Back
Top Bottom