What are you listening to/watching now?

Re: What are you watching now?

Watched Gravity Last Night.. Post a thread about it in the Multimedia Section. Been watching a lot of You Tube lately such as the ALS Ice Bucket Challenges, and to be fair theirs a lot of nasty people out their, I have no need for Trolling and can't comprehend what pleasure a sad Individual will get out of being nasty to another one the likes of You tube. Mabie just to provoke a response mabie. Anyways Lonely Sad, and quite desperate people.

Watching the News at the Minute, nothing interesting but trying to keep up to date I suppose.

Re: What are you listening to now?

Happy Hardcore *Shooting Star* - YouTube

Reminds me of the Childhood Days..

Seriously if anyone knows Newcastle upon Tyne hear in the North East I must of been the only one who sat with the Goths on the Hippie Green in the town Center wearing a Berghaus with pure Chav Clothing while listening to Scooter.

There will always be internet trolls.

****'** me clean off, I have a theory and basically these people are just Hurting souls with no Love in their life, a Complete cancer on the Net that needs a task force to be set up for the likes of Facebook and Jailed. People who have more than likely been trolled in real life them selves.

Also we need to make this thread a Sticky. :D .. ..

Watched the first episode of "Orange is the new black" - I had no idea what it was about. Hmmm... I don't want to offend but "REALLY" - cant see what the big deal is-other than the whole lesbian thing- Who cares.... Does the show get better? It wasn't bad- but not good either. Is it popular just because of the lesbian thing?

Watched the first episode of "Orange is the new black" - I had no idea what it was about. Hmmm... I don't want to offend but "REALLY" - cant see what the big deal is-other than the whole lesbian thing- Who cares.... Does the show get better? It wasn't bad- but not good either. Is it popular just because of the lesbian thing?

I thought it got better.

To be fair, you watched an episode based on the most boring character in the whole show, Piper. While the show is "about" her, it's not really about her. And it's not a lesbian thing.

Basically it's a show with realistic characters about women in prison. When I say realistic characters I mean REALLY realistic. It humanizes prisoners by showing how they got into prison, how it's not just a cut and dry case of them being guilty all the time. It also shows just how easily corruption can exist in places like that (again, really realistic). They are SUPER good at calling out privilege throughout the show (Larry is a prime example of staggering white privilege constantly and they make sure it's known).

You're wondering if the show "gets better"...yeah, technically it does, when the story stops being as centered around Piper it gets a lot better. As they start going into everyone's stories, you find out more about why they are there, what their lives were like, what possible futures they may have if any.

But it's not for everyone. If you don't get into it, you don't get into it.

Back
Top Bottom