What is the stupidest thing anybody has ever said to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I finally heard one yesterday that will be with me for the rest of my life.

I work as a datacenter engineer at one of the 3 letter gov agencies. You would think that people in IT here would have an IT background.

We got a new manager last week and he was asking me some questions about a server i was building out to spec. Usually IT managers specifically have done technical work in the past and they work their way up the chain.

The server i built was using 4 drives in Raid 5. Had 2 open slots.

The customer came up with another requirement which needed more space. So my boss was emailing the customer about it and i was CCed.

This is what my boss told the customer..... Currently we do not have enough physical disk storage slots on the server to have another raid 5 array. I will have my engineer install another disk, break that disk up into 3 partitions, and then he will strip those partitions as a raid 5 array........REALLY??????

If that was even possible.... that drive would die so quick. I would feel sorry for those read\write heads having to write to 3 places on the drive at the same time... every time.

Whenever I hear something along the lines of "Science is BS and has offered us nothing".
Especially when this term is used by those who buy medicine, drive cars, use computers, etc.
Science is all around us and involved with the devices we use on a constant basis.

I finally heard one yesterday that will be with me for the rest of my life.

I work as a datacenter engineer at one of the 3 letter gov agencies. You would think that people in IT here would have an IT background.

We got a new manager last week and he was asking me some questions about a server i was building out to spec. Usually IT managers specifically have done technical work in the past and they work their way up the chain.

The server i built was using 4 drives in Raid 5. Had 2 open slots.

The customer came up with another requirement which needed more space. So my boss was emailing the customer about it and i was CCed.

This is what my boss told the customer..... Currently we do not have enough physical disk storage slots on the server to have another raid 5 array. I will have my engineer install another disk, break that disk up into 3 partitions, and then he will strip those partitions as a raid 5 array........REALLY??????

If that was even possible.... that drive would die so quick. I would feel sorry for those read\write heads having to write to 3 places on the drive at the same time... every time.
No offense, but I would expect somebody who works in one of those agencies to not use the word "stupidest".

My friend is getting a laptop, I asked for the specs so he looked them up. It took him a couple of minutes to find them because he couldn't remember what laptop it was, just that it was from the shop Curry's and was black and silver. Told me it had a 1.3 core processor :p he meant i3, lol. To be fair he doesn't really know much about computers and doesn't care.

I called someone a dick and he said "I'm bout to dick your ass". We all just started laughing. Boy was he ****ed too lol

Edit.. forgot about this one. I was at ssomeones house and this idiot WAs stoned, all of a sudden he says.... "I'd make a great vacuum "

ok you caught me. Guilty of bad english. I will blame it on being up until 4am last night patching.

MOST STUPID

Don't mind mguire to much, he'll turn into Mr slate from the Flintstones at times. :)

May ask you something, about how much disk storage space did the customer ask for in the beginning ?
It's your day-job, but why not ask your IT manager if you can work with the customer directly to avoid any errors ?
It would save him a headache and give you more flexible options to finish building the server.

I had a freind working as IT Help desk for a Major Oil company, bout mid afternoon get a call from one of their officesw. Buddy was right thouraghlly peeved that the help desk wasn't responding to their emails.

He was like, okay, whats the problem?? They reply... "Our servers down, and we can't get on the internet"

Me... I hear alot of stupid... But hey, I'm in a chair.

"You can't even f**k a bird"

Referring to a fowl, not a lady; and yes alcohol was involved.
Sounds as strange out of context as it does in context so not going to bother with the story.

Don't mind mguire to much, he'll turn into Mr slate from the Flintstones at times. :)

May ask you something, about how much disk storage space did the customer ask for in the beginning ?
It's your day-job, but why not ask your IT manager if you can work with the customer directly to avoid any errors ?
It would save him a headache and give you more flexible options to finish building the server.

was about 500gigs to start with. After it was built the asked for an extra 300 because they needed another database. I do work with the customer... but this customer likes to go straight to the top when they have questions.. and they CC everybody. cant stand people like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom