the tech forums FOOD OF THE GODS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is pork in everything lol. Thats why I been on the sidelines.

Well I guess honey nut cheerios are pretty tasty.

My fajitas don't contain pork and you can use the fajita filling in quesildas. The southwestern eggs which sounds a bit like a frittata unless I am missing something don't contain pork either. Bacon is just the best quick and tasty meat to throw in a snack with little effort. whoops...

<<< Raised on pork. We used to raise our own pigs and did our own slaughtering and processing. Now's about the time to kill them,too. Nice and cool. But I can understand your reasons. I don't have that, but I do have to watch the pork due to my blood pressure creeping up as I get older. I also have to watch it for my mother-in-law (who lives with us), as she has high blood pressure.

Speaking of pork... I'll have to try to wring out my wife's recipe for the glaze she uses on ham. I know it has cranberry sauce, orange juice, and brown sugar in it, and it makes the ham taste out of this world. Hopefully she'll fix us (ma) one over Thanksgiving. ;)

Speaking of Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law will be baking up some killer stuff, like buttermilk pie and apple stack cake (both very old recipes, but just awesome). I don't have them right now, but I will see if I can get them. Buttermilk pie is really easy to make (mainly an egg custard pie with a little buttermilk in it).

OK, a real recipe.

Italian Eggs and Sausage
1/2 pound Italian sausage
One onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
6 eggs
Diced tomatoes (depends on your taste) OR
1-2 cups chunky spaghetti sauce
Shredded cheese (I use a mozzarella, Parmesan, Monterrey Jack blend)

Scramble up the Italian sausage, onion, and garlic, breaking up the sausage as it browns. Whip eggs with a wisk until frothy, pour in over cooked sausage and onions. Scramble eggs with sausage. When eggs are just cooked, add tomatoes or sauce (but don't over-stir... just fold it in). Transfer to plate, throw on a handful or two of cheese (to your taste), pop in the nukerwave (covered to prevent splatter) just long enough to wilt the cheese good.

Serves 1-4. Goes well with toast, garlic bread/toast, hot rolls.

Fried Mayonnaise balls

if those are what i think thye are i dont think id like them lol.

my bbq chicken leggs are to die for use a wet chicken legg, baste it with a lil oil, add soeme cajun mestique and a preferd bbq spice mix, i use club house, and a lil bit of lemmon juice, bake for 40 minutes ans there amazing, to spice it up baste it with fransk red hot extreme, instead of oil. serves well with rice, or spicy fries. theres one for ya hussein.

i used to have a nice tabuleh recipe, i gotta check my notes, my moms ex was lebonese so i know lots of nice lebonese recipees.

oh i also liek to make greek potatos with the chicken and rice, chop up some white potattos, or red, your preference. base them in conola or vegetable oil, add a lil greek spice, ans garlic and i like to add a lil lemon once again to compliment the chicken. and yoru set with a nice meal. il post up my honey chicken kababs later.

its not very hard, and im not the biggest fan of prok either yes it is tasty but not the cleanest/ healthiest meat, id wrather have a nice beef roasted, or baked chicken. the only pork i can say i thuroughly enjoy is bacon or pork tenderloin, becauset eh tenderloin is cheap, and can have lots doen to it do to its ability to suck up flavour. the best meats you can have will be deer or moose, im currently really interested in bison, i read som articles that its very good similar to moose somewhat. but imo nothing beats a home cooked AAA black angus, we found an underground beef dealer literaly, who was gettign AAA black angus beef of the back of a truck and selling them for 40$ for the whole triploin/new york. they where simply amazing, its even tastier when cooked over a fire, they have meshed grills you can put over a bonfire and cook with they are great for steaks.

I don't think I could last as a vegetarian. Beef is TOO GOOD to give up lol. Chicken is also great, I love fish as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom