SAAB Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was driving pass a SAAB dealership this afternoon and I could not help myself by saying

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I was stationed in Germany and I saw a lot of the Opel cars. They are almost the exact duplicate of Chevy over there. One guy in our shop had one that was actually really nice.. 18" wheels and a tune.. Very sporty lookin.

Kinda like this one.. an 02~ish with a turbo 4 cyl 2.2L Ecotech, IIRC.
2002_astra_opc.jpg

Opel is Holden in Australia. I drive some thing simulare to what you have posted there.
Remove the Turbo and rear spoiler.

Dont Pontiac and Chevy have a Holden Commodore clone?

Yeh the G8 is the current commodore with minor changes, and the GTO is the Monaro.

I also have a similar car to that above [holden astra]. Its an Opel car originally - i think made in belgium, or designed there i cant remember.

Yeh the G8 is the current commodore with minor changes, and the GTO is the Monaro.

I also have a similar car to that above [holden astra]. Its an Opel car originally - i think made in belgium, or designed there i cant remember.

I've heard rumors that the G8 will be returning as a Chevy Impala SS or a Chevy Caprice or Lumina. Not entire sure though.

I have heard that Holden Australia is currently putting forth a bid for USA highway partol.
However since the difference in the dollar is about 10%, Holden better be offering some thing that is GM can't. And considering that GM makes most of the parts, that is going to be a real eye opener if Holden does win the bid.

As much I would like to see an Australian designed car over in the USA, I do have to be realistic about it at the same time.

Well not it appears it may not be over yet. There has been a new offer from Dutch Spyker as well as a offer from a Swedish investment group.

At SAAB they are interested as to why GM rejected the previous deal from Spyker as management was going on Fri to Stockholm to sign the deal. They feel it may be because GM would rather close SAAB then allow manufacturing technologies to fall into another's hands. If this is the case then the Swedish government is prepared to go to the US government for an explanation. As GM is still in business because of the US government involvement they feel they way have some sway.

No sources to quote as this came from inside. I also know that currently SAAB is preparing to start manufacturing of the new 95 in week 5 of 2010.

I have heard that Holden Australia is currently putting forth a bid for USA highway partol.
However since the difference in the dollar is about 10%, Holden better be offering some thing that is GM can't. And considering that GM makes most of the parts, that is going to be a real eye opener if Holden does win the bid.

As much I would like to see an Australian designed car over in the USA, I do have to be realistic about it at the same time.

I would love that. I think the Holden Commodore is a beautiful car.

Every SAAB owner I spoke to always talked real highly of their SAAB cars. Most of the ones I saw were older and well over 200k miles with mostly stock parts.

Pretty remarkable, considering some of the people I know who drove them beat the ever loving crap out of them, yet they kept running.

lotta opel drivers here... i have an opel too!!!! Opel Astra 1.8L 16V, just like the ones pictured but its a 4 door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom