Potentially the longest thread in history...

Finished DOOM Eternal yesterday morning - very fun. Can recommend.

Now I've switched over to trying to finish Knights of Pen and Paper +1 for a bit of a break :p

I see you playing it all the time lol.

Finished DOOM Eternal yesterday morning - very fun. Can recommend.

Now I've switched over to trying to finish Knights of Pen and Paper +1 for a bit of a break :p
I've been playing that at work. Due to everybody telecommuting it's been dead af there.

I'm about halfway through Eternal so far. Seems way harder than Doom 2016; I had to drop back to Hurt Me Plenty instead of Ultra Violence even. Limited game time and all with young kids, so I would rather just be able to play the Power Fantasy that is Doom and enjoy it.

I'm about halfway through Eternal so far. Seems way harder than Doom 2016; I had to drop back to Hurt Me Plenty instead of Ultra Violence even. Limited game time and all with young kids, so I would rather just be able to play the Power Fantasy that is Doom and enjoy it.

It's definitely harder and you can't approach combat the same way as 2016. I think there's a reason they added Extra Lives into the game.

It's definitely harder and you can't approach combat the same way as 2016. I think there's a reason they added Extra Lives into the game.
For sure - I think it was the Super Gore Nest (or maybe the Doom Hunter base), I had like 9 extra lives...those levels tore through my extras D:.

It seems like more of a platformer than a Doom game to me.

Meh, 2016 had a decent bit of platforming in it too; Eternal does have way more tho. It does slow down the action a bit, but sometimes that's a good thing...especially with Slayer Gates amping up the difficulty (for real, 2 tyrants and 2 Barons, with other normal enemies, then Doom Hunters? sheesh).

Hey folks, I need some tech help. Been trying to get a friend set up with a new CPU+mobo+RAM. Just want to run by some issues we're having;

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 / Ryzen 3 2200G
Mobo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4-3200

Motherboard won't POST; it turns on, does nothing for 5-10 seconds then restarts ad infinitum.

Initially thought it might be due to the age of the BIOS on the mobo, so I sent them a 2200G which is supported by all versions. No dice.

Tried RAM in many different slots, only a single stick, etc.

Tried their discrete GPU and then just the onboard GPU of the 2200G.

At this point I'm suspecting it's a motherboard issue. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom