Potentially the longest thread in history...

Today I got the official news from work, they're giving me a promotion! Will now be Technical Support Lead, and I get to hire an underling to do the crappy jobs for me :p should be fun, though I've never had to run an interview before. Hurgh, funnily enough I feel far more confident about taking an interview than giving one :grin:

Today I got the official news from work, they're giving me a promotion! Will now be Technical Support Lead, and I get to hire an underling to do the crappy jobs for me :p should be fun, though I've never had to run an interview before. Hurgh, funnily enough I feel far more confident about taking an interview than giving one :grin:

Congrats?

Congrats. Gotta say I am jealous though, as that is basically exactly what I want to happen here. I am fed up of my work balance being 75% tedious menial bull**** that someone on minwage should be doing as an IT apprentice. Only 25% of my work is challenging 3rd line support or technical project work. I wouldn't mind an 90/10 split of hard to easy work. But 25/75 in the wrong direction is just ****e. It's why I am looking to leave. But I would much prefer to stay and them just hire someone below me to do the bull****, but they will never do that...

So that video is doing exactly what I said the noobs like to whinge about; moving forwards while shooting, oh and he's also using the very worst class burst rifle that fires 3 shots per round to boot. As I said, use a pistol, AR, sniper rifle, revolver, literally anything that doesn't cater to the spray n pray crowd, and it's on reticule every time.

If we're really calling it how it is, your FN skills are apparently just that bad that a bunch of 12yos regularly kill you :p I can understand why that'd make you mad, but weird that the same doesn't happen to me even though bullet control is totally all just luck /S
Did you not watch the FB video I linked? Look at the comments while you're at it. You're doing exactly what I was talking about towards the terrible RNG bloom system Fortnite uses that others do. "It's this and this", nah, it's just terrible garbage people are defending. If it wasn't so bad there wouldn't be so many topics on it or videos showing it.

To the bottom, not real sure what you're getting at as I don't play the game. I tried it a long long while back and marked it for the garbage bin with a quick uninstall. It's a **** game style with terrible mechanics that's riddled with annoying kids. I do have several friends that play it, and kids that play it. The one guy I watch his stream quite a bit and what I referred to was an example I took from him. He's exceptionally better than I am at FPS games.

Let's say it like it is, if Fortnite was a paid for game it'd be sold for 10 bucks on G2A just like BF5.

Got into The Division 2 beta tonight. Played it, seems good. Nice graphics and HDR implementation if you have HDR TV or monitor. Gameplay is tight, feels much better than the first which I didn't really like at all.

But still adoring Apex. It is consuming my evenings this week...
Haven't looked much into it, but I do remember reading somewhere the graphics were actually downgraded a bit compared to the first? Any truth in this?

My week/weekend has been total ****. The cherry was CPS being at my house that lead to a pretty big fight between the missus and I.

Last edited:
Did you not watch the FB video I linked? Look at the comments while you're at it. You're doing exactly what I was talking about towards the terrible RNG bloom system Fortnite uses that others do. "It's this and this", nah, it's just terrible garbage people are defending. If it wasn't so bad there wouldn't be so many topics on it or videos showing it.

To the bottom, not real sure what you're getting at as I don't play the game. I tried it a long long while back and marked it for the garbage bin with a quick uninstall. It's a **** game style with terrible mechanics that's riddled with annoying kids. I do have several friends that play it, and kids that play it. The one guy I watch his stream quite a bit and what I referred to was an example I took from him. He's exceptionally better than I am at FPS games.

Let's say it like it is, if Fortnite was a paid for game it'd be sold for 10 bucks on G2A just like BF5.

Haven't looked much into it, but I do remember reading somewhere the graphics were actually downgraded a bit compared to the first? Any truth in this?

My week/weekend has been total ****. The cherry was CPS being at my house that lead to a pretty big fight between the missus and I.

I don't think the graphics have been downgraded. But I didnt play the first game for long, and it's been a while since I last saw it too. They look like great graphics to me. Detailed environments, great lighting, great volumetric fog effects. And like I said the HDR is really nice. The only thing I think they have downgraded is the bullet impact effects / destruction FX.

As for CPS, dang that sucks. What happened ?

Last edited:
I was just on an interesting conference call. It was the regular Monday call where everyone sits silently and listen to the CEO ramble about something he saw or heard and how he sees it as an example of something yada yada yada. This morning sounded like it was starting out that way as he talked about visiting the South Carolina office and such, but then he came out with the profit numbers for January and how it was diametrically opposed to the loss of last January. He then mentioned our upcoming bonuses. He said that they had made the decision to put 10%of the yearly profit into the bonus pool which definitely got my attention. He also let us know that our costs for insurance and other benefits was going to go down as they were going use the same approach for them.

Yeah, I am actually glad that I called in and actually listened.

Back
Top Bottom