Potentially the longest thread in history... - Page 5254 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #52531 (permalink)
krazy Techie

Default Re: Potentially the longest thread in history...

15 people got laid off in the last 2 days.
This is why I hate Trump...jk, he's got nothing to do with it.

We had a company interview people few months ago, (Office Space)
That stuff seriously happened here, luckily I wasn't interviewed.
Many of the managers got let go, really awkward situation at work this week.

Zotac RTX 2080
Samsung S10+
PS4 Pro, One X, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #52532 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Soooo, had my motorcycle Compulsary Basic Training today. Essentially it's 8 hours of highway code, theory, but 90% of it is in a carpark and on the road learning how to ride 'bikes, just 125cc (felt nippy as a noob though!). First of all, it's much harder than I expected. I don't know why but I just assumed it would all feel obvious, turn your bars right to go right and more to turn more. Ugh, yeah, correct technically. Except go to fast and you feel like it's not turning enough and you're going to wash wide and mount the kerb. Too slow and it turns too much and you feel very off balance. You can't brake and turn really to module speed, it's all on the gas and clutch. Phich by the way, such *** compared to a modern car. True they were old cheap bikes, but the throttle is off at 0%, and you move it literally 1 or 2mm, and it's suddenly about 15% throttle. Plus the clutches had no crisp bite point, just no feel and all mush. So your jerking and flying forwards with tiny wrist movements and unable to feel a good biting point like any half decent modern car, that paired with no braking and the risk of falling off makes doing U turns and figure of 8's way harder than I thought. Definitely need to practice that a lot.

Out on the road was another story, I felt really comfortable surprisingly. Complete opposite to what I was expecting. In the road you don't need to do silly figure of 8's, and very rarely have to U turn. And once past 5mph, they're fairly easy to handle on big sweeping roundabouts and normal bends. It was really fun, we had a blast out on the road. Sometimes I missed going into 2nd and hit neutral as I wasn't firm enough, and sometimes forgot to cancel indicators/blinks (not self cancelling like car!). But overall I was happy, and the instructor was happy with us both.

On a side note, the instructor was a good and competent rider and could teach fairly well. But he seemed to forget it's hard to hear him. Plus, whenever we were on a break or doing theory, he came across as a real vein ****. Constantly saying stuff like "I can read a road a mile ahead without being able to see it, but then I am very skilled and a superb rider, I wouldn't expect you to be able too" + "I don't need to slow down for unfamiliar bends because I have an incredible amount of skill and reflexes, I can adjust my bike an extreme amount even mid corner at high speed" to be honest it's probably mostly correct, he seemed really good. But wow, talk about love yourself. Plus he was SO unprofessional. Completely slagged off the gear that my friend bought, loathed the store he bought them from, basically said stuff like "I bet they told you those gloves are expensive. They're actually ****, you should replace them, can't believe you fell for their crap, never shop there again" wow okay. Right or not, that is well unprofessional mate. A few times he wound me up so much with his lack of professionalism I almost walked off and drove home. He had a VERY annoying trait of not saying whether to do something, and then questioning and mocking the fact you did it.

E.g. "Put your gear on guys" so we put our gear, helmet and gloves on etc.
Then he sees us "Lol why the **** have you put your gloves and helmet on, unless you want to sit and do theory inside wearing helmets and gloves". Never at any point did he tell us that's what we were doing. That kind of thing probably happened 10 or 15 times over the day. Competent and good, and calm at bike instructing which is the important thing, but I never wish to speak to the guy after. He'd definitely go in my **** list.

Apple MacBook Pro 2019
i9 2.3Ghz 8-core.
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
Radeon Pro Vega 20
LG 34 Ultrawide NanoIPS
CalTech TS3+ Dock
Genelec 8010A Studio Monitors

kmanmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:34 PM   #52533 (permalink)
Build Guru

Went to Men's Wearhouse to get a suit for my best friend's wedding. Suit shopping before was great, but we had to adhere to what his soon to be wife wanted and boy it was a pain in the ***. Not to mention the groomsman didn't come with a good amount of money. With the selections we were essentially being forced to make I made a sly suggestion to just rent, which is what we did. No way I'd ever wear what we would have wound up buying. After was great though. I had some money set aside since they wanted to eat at Logan's Roadhouse (a higher end steak house) and best friend said he had like 50 bucks in gift cards. I figured he'd use those for himself but nope, took the check and refused to let us help. So because of that I wound up getting sloshed and then we went to the mall. Had a bunch leftover so got a few things.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #52534 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Anyone got any tips for making someone admit to something you are certain they did though you have no proof ?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #52535 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
Anyone got any tips for making someone admit to something you are certain they did though you have no proof ?
Yeah me, I'm a expert on this sort of stuff. I've done things I will take to my grave and I'm pretty sure I have a good amount of experience in "Coming the game."

First I need more information. Describe the situation. Tell me what you know and what you suspect and then when "Playing the game" Quiz this person. Quiz their friends and family. Build a picture and try to extract facts. Lastly be careful how you word you questions. People take notice of that and respond accordingly.

Play innocent, on your part. In regards to being honest on your part "Stick as close to the truth as possible with out getting caught up in a web of lies. Don't mix fact and fiction. Keep your mouth shut and again finally stand back after dropping certain questions with even multiple people and watch the situation.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:46 AM   #52536 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
Yeah me, I'm a expert on this sort of stuff. I've done things I will take to my grave and I'm pretty sure I have a good amount of experience in "Coming the game."

First I need more information. Describe the situation. Tell me what you know and what you suspect and then when "Playing the game" Quiz this person. Quiz their friends and family. Build a picture and try to extract facts. Lastly be careful how you word you questions. People take notice of that and respond accordingly.

Play innocent, on your part. In regards to being honest on your part "Stick as close to the truth as possible with out getting caught up in a web of lies. Don't mix fact and fiction. Keep your mouth shut and again finally stand back after dropping certain questions with even multiple people and watch the situation.
Long story short my expensive Loake shoes sole wore through about 6 months ago. So I put them to one side in a corner in my room, and wore my other nice shoes. Then in december I paid 80 to get them resoled at the manufacturer. Totally forgot about it so went to pack them and return them last week. Except they're gone. Poof. Nowhere to be seen. I've checked every box and square inch of the house and they are nowhere. The only other person I live with is my Mum, we don't have any pets or anything that could have got hold of them and buried them or whatever.

But ofcourse, my mum is pleading ignorance. Claims she has no idea where they are. I know for a fact I havn't touched them because I never chuck stuff away without being told, especially when they're expensive shoes I plan to wear again.

Apple MacBook Pro 2019
i9 2.3Ghz 8-core.
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
Radeon Pro Vega 20
LG 34 Ultrawide NanoIPS
CalTech TS3+ Dock

Old 01-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #52537 (permalink)
Lady Techie

There's similar situations you've mentioned like this, your Mum doesn't sound very trustworthy :P

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell[/SIZE]
Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:54 AM   #52538 (permalink)
Master Techie

What reason would your mum have to take thees. Seriously. I'm thinking does she have a bf \ partner . maybie the same or simlar shoe size. Could she sell these to someone. Is their anyone like that hanging around who could be a potential buyer. Is your mum struggling for money.

Also what about christmas. Giving them as a present.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:57 AM   #52539 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
There's similar situations you've mentioned like this, your Mum doesn't sound very trustworthy :P
Thing is she is quite fashion conscious and knows full well they are expensive shoes and would have recognised them. I don't for one second think she did it on purpose. My room is the biggest in the house so she stores stuff up there, especially around Christmas. My guess is she put them in a box out of the way to get more xmas crap up there, and then removed that box when doing one of her many tidy ups (she's a clean freak). They're probably at the tip right now in a box. I basically questioned her about that exactly, but she just says nope she wouldn't have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
What reason would your mum have to take thees. Seriously. I'm thinking does she have a bf \ partner . maybie the same or simlar shoe size. Could she sell these to someone. Is their anyone like that hanging around who could be a potential buyer. Is your mum struggling for money.

Also what about christmas. Giving them as a present.
See above

Apple MacBook Pro 2019
i9 2.3Ghz 8-core.
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
Radeon Pro Vega 20
LG 34 Ultrawide NanoIPS
CalTech TS3+ Dock

Old 01-30-2017, 06:47 AM   #52540 (permalink)
Build Guru

Time for a network camera. Get a Nest or something.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote