Potentially the longest thread in history...

Lol, some companies man, they just make me LOL.

So I am interested in a KTM Duke 690. I find my local KTM bike dealer. I email them and ask some simple questions:

1) Do you have any stock, if not, what is the lead time on new orders
2) Can you provide some finance examples for the bike
3) Do you offer insurance with the bike
4) How easily / cheaply can the A2 restricter be remove

His response, word for word:

"Max,

We have 690 in stock

Claudio"

Andddd you've immediately lost a customer. Well done :D

Lol, some companies man, they just make me LOL.

So I am interested in a KTM Duke 690. I find my local KTM bike dealer. I email them and ask some simple questions:

1) Do you have any stock, if not, what is the lead time on new orders
2) Can you provide some finance examples for the bike
3) Do you offer insurance with the bike
4) How easily / cheaply can the A2 restricter be remove

His response, word for word:

"Max,

We have 690 in stock

Claudio"

Andddd you've immediately lost a customer. Well done :D

You should send this post to their corporate office, might be able to get a voucher or something :p

So boss yesterday literally stayed in meetings until I left, as in his Skype icon never changed from red from noon on. I got home and logged in and sure enough, green not 30 minutes after I left work. Definitely hiding something.

Lost out on a job with the State Department due to one of Trump's executive orders yesterday.

Trump orders hiring freeze for much of Federal government | Fox News

The official offer was supposed to come later this week.
I wonder if it's still valid since the process started before the executive order?

And so it begins.. the Trump effect ! i've no idea if federal government is overstaffed so can't comment on that policy.

But aren't you a super liberal hippy from California ? :p

Well I will say I was genuinly looking forward to buying my self something in stead of second hand crap from gumtree. Somewere like Amazon maybie I thought.

Instead their is just nowt I want let alone need. I've been waiting all month to get paid instead I just decided to pay non essential debt.

The best part is I didnt even have to pay it as I'm not massivly in debt per say but thought meh it'll save me a few quid in a few months. Must of paid about 500 bucks out in bills & all that crap.

And I still have no idea what I can bue for my self.

And so it begins.. the Trump effect ! i've no idea if federal government is overstaffed so can't comment on that policy.

But aren't you a super liberal hippy from California ? :p

I kind of walk the line. I'm one of the swing voters :tongue:

Well I will say I was genuinly looking forward to buying my self something in stead of second hand crap from gumtree. Somewere like Amazon maybie I thought.

Instead their is just nowt I want let alone need. I've been waiting all month to get paid instead I just decided to pay non essential debt.

The best part is I didnt even have to pay it as I'm not massivly in debt per say but thought meh it'll save me a few quid in a few months. Must of paid about 500 bucks out in bills & all that crap.

And I still have no idea what I can bue for my self.

I just built myself a "server" with an i5 and 64GB's of RAM. Relatively cheap nowadays, only like $800! I haven't bought it yet, but I think I will soon. I have ~30 services at home and going to start hosting more for friends and family.

My ProxMox cluster at home has three nodes with 16GB's of RAM each. I do have plenty of room to spare, but it would be nice to consolidate more services on one box:

sgbnZHr.png

Last edited:
15 people got laid off in the last 2 days.
This is why I hate Trump...jk, he's got nothing to do with it.

We had a company interview people few months ago, (Office Space)
That stuff seriously happened here, luckily I wasn't interviewed.
Many of the managers got let go, really awkward situation at work this week.

Soooo, had my motorcycle Compulsary Basic Training today. Essentially it's 8 hours of highway code, theory, but 90% of it is in a carpark and on the road learning how to ride 'bikes, just 125cc (felt nippy as a noob though!). First of all, it's much harder than I expected. I don't know why but I just assumed it would all feel obvious, turn your bars right to go right and more to turn more. Ugh, yeah, correct technically. Except go to fast and you feel like it's not turning enough and you're going to wash wide and mount the kerb. Too slow and it turns too much and you feel very off balance. You can't brake and turn really to module speed, it's all on the gas and clutch. Phich by the way, such *** compared to a modern car. True they were old cheap bikes, but the throttle is off at 0%, and you move it literally 1 or 2mm, and it's suddenly about 15% throttle. Plus the clutches had no crisp bite point, just no feel and all mush. So your jerking and flying forwards with tiny wrist movements and unable to feel a good biting point like any half decent modern car, that paired with no braking and the risk of falling off makes doing U turns and figure of 8's way harder than I thought. Definitely need to practice that a lot.

Out on the road was another story, I felt really comfortable surprisingly. Complete opposite to what I was expecting. In the road you don't need to do silly figure of 8's, and very rarely have to U turn. And once past 5mph, they're fairly easy to handle on big sweeping roundabouts and normal bends. It was really fun, we had a blast out on the road. Sometimes I missed going into 2nd and hit neutral as I wasn't firm enough, and sometimes forgot to cancel indicators/blinks (not self cancelling like car!). But overall I was happy, and the instructor was happy with us both.

On a side note, the instructor was a good and competent rider and could teach fairly well. But he seemed to forget it's hard to hear him. Plus, whenever we were on a break or doing theory, he came across as a real vein ****. Constantly saying stuff like "I can read a road a mile ahead without being able to see it, but then I am very skilled and a superb rider, I wouldn't expect you to be able too" + "I don't need to slow down for unfamiliar bends because I have an incredible amount of skill and reflexes, I can adjust my bike an extreme amount even mid corner at high speed" to be honest it's probably mostly correct, he seemed really good. But wow, talk about love yourself. Plus he was SO unprofessional. Completely slagged off the gear that my friend bought, loathed the store he bought them from, basically said stuff like "I bet they told you those gloves are expensive. They're actually ****, you should replace them, can't believe you fell for their crap, never shop there again" wow okay. Right or not, that is well unprofessional mate. A few times he wound me up so much with his lack of professionalism I almost walked off and drove home. He had a VERY annoying trait of not saying whether to do something, and then questioning and mocking the fact you did it.

E.g. "Put your gear on guys" so we put our gear, helmet and gloves on etc.
Then he sees us "Lol why the **** have you put your gloves and helmet on, unless you want to sit and do theory inside wearing helmets and gloves". Never at any point did he tell us that's what we were doing. That kind of thing probably happened 10 or 15 times over the day. Competent and good, and calm at bike instructing which is the important thing, but I never wish to speak to the guy after. He'd definitely go in my **** list.

Went to Men's Wearhouse to get a suit for my best friend's wedding. Suit shopping before was great, but we had to adhere to what his soon to be wife wanted and boy it was a pain in the ***. Not to mention the groomsman didn't come with a good amount of money. With the selections we were essentially being forced to make I made a sly suggestion to just rent, which is what we did. No way I'd ever wear what we would have wound up buying. After was great though. I had some money set aside since they wanted to eat at Logan's Roadhouse (a higher end steak house) and best friend said he had like 50 bucks in gift cards. I figured he'd use those for himself but nope, took the check and refused to let us help. So because of that I wound up getting sloshed and then we went to the mall. Had a bunch leftover so got a few things.

Back
Top Bottom