Potentially the longest thread in history...

IMO, M.2 slots should be on the back side of a mobo, and the ATX standard revised so that M.2 slots are all in certain locations, then the cases mobo tray can be a passive cooler for the M.2 card using a raised area on the tray in combo with a thermal pad. Wouldn't believe how much a little bit of heat spreader on one those things helps. Could go a step further and premium cases could have cutouts or full on heatsinks built up in those areas and charge a premium. But what do I know, I am a typical user. -.-

Also, I hate cars... Have a horrible fuel leak on the car my mother bought... Bleh!

Last edited:
Booked my bike theory test and hazard perception. It's right in the center of town which is annoying.

Words can not express how much I cannot be arsed with it. I feel like I am 17 again at college and having to go home and revise for tests and learn the highway code. Eurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Some of the questions are just ****ing dumb and pointless too. E.g.

1) You have a journey planned to XXXX, on the day you are due to leave it's foggy outside. Should you:

a) Avoid using high beams
b) Closely follow the car in front of you so you can see it
c) Allow more time for your journey
d) Use your fog lights

The answer is C. Except, there are situations where you could argue A and D too. But nope, C is the only correct answer. Wtf.

So I gotta do that theory test. Booked for 3rd February. Then I gotta do my bike CBT (compulsary basic training). Basically it's 8 hours long. You sit in a classroom for 4 hours while some derp says stop at red lights and use your brakes to slow down. Then 2 hours in a carpark on a 50cc moped turning through some cones. Then 2 hours on a road to prove you won't kill anyone. SIGHHHHHHH it sounds so ****ing ****, and ofcourse it's like $150.

And then I gotta do A2 license training. Atleast this is more interesting, a 5 to 7 full days of riding a proper motorbike on the road learning everything about bikes and how to handle them.

I wish this **** was just for people with an IQ below 110 or something. If you're in the 125+ range you should just be allowed to get a bike (if you already have driving experience) because you're not a dumbass. I'd be perfectly capable of following instruction videos online and practicing safely in a deserted car park or on empty roads. I already know what driving on roads is like, I've done that every day for the past 6 years. I just need to get some basic experience riding a bike and then i'm good to go. But nooooooooooo, I am treated like a 16 year old chav who failed school and just managed to save up a few quid to buy a moped.

/rant

Last edited:
IMO, M.2 slots should be on the back side of a mobo, and the ATX standard revised so that M.2 slots are all in certain locations, then the cases mobo tray can be a passive cooler for the M.2 card using a raised area on the tray in combo with a thermal pad. Wouldn't believe how much a little bit of heat spreader on one those things helps. Could go a step further and premium cases could have cutouts or full on heatsinks built up in those areas and charge a premium. But what do I know, I am a typical user. -.-

Also, I hate cars... Have a horrible fuel leak on the car my mother bought... Bleh!
I thought the same thing too, but the reason they don't do that is because there's typically no air flow back there. Most don't get hot though.

Speaking of cars, almost french kissed the wall this morning before even getting on the highway.

Edit:

Yes please.
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...se-republic-of-gamers-announces-swift-pg27uq/

Last edited:
*shrugs* they need to come up with something, having the stupid slots between PCIe slots is ridiculous, at least in my view it is. Wonder how hard it would be for them to have a copper plate that can attach to the M.2 devices with a heatpipe that heads to a passive heatsink.

*shrugs* they need to come up with something, having the stupid slots between PCIe slots is ridiculous, at least in my view it is. Wonder how hard it would be for them to have a copper plate that can attach to the M.2 devices with a heatpipe that heads to a passive heatsink.
Not all of them are between the slots, but it really doesn't matter that much. Most people use them with SATA drives that don't get hot and the only NVMe drive that got hot enough to thermal throttle is now defunct by the 960pro and EVO.

I have not switched my desktop on since before the new year & its now the 10th .

I genuinely cant think of an excuse to boot the PC in the living room as I can do everything on my mobile phone.

I've got into a real **** sleeping pattern at the moment.

Basically I wake up feeling really tired. I spend nearly the entire day absolutely shattered, then it gets to about 9 or 10pm and I start feeling awake. 11pm...12am...1am all roll by and I am wide awake. Lieing in bed before about 2am is futile, I just lie there wide awake. I only start to feel myself getting drowsy once I get past the 2am mark.

Been like that for a week and I am struggling to get out of it. I've had bad sleeping patterns before in my life but i've always just been able to break out of them in one or two days relatively easy. This time it's not working and IDK why. Hoping my skiing holiday in France next week fixes it, because it sucks massive balls having to go work and do **** that requires concentration when all I want to do is sleep.

I've got into a real **** sleeping pattern at the moment.

Basically I wake up feeling really tired. I spend nearly the entire day absolutely shattered, then it gets to about 9 or 10pm and I start feeling awake. 11pm...12am...1am all roll by and I am wide awake. Lieing in bed before about 2am is futile, I just lie there wide awake. I only start to feel myself getting drowsy once I get past the 2am mark.

Been like that for a week and I am struggling to get out of it. I've had bad sleeping patterns before in my life but i've always just been able to break out of them in one or two days relatively easy. This time it's not working and IDK why. Hoping my skiing holiday in France next week fixes it, because it sucks massive balls having to go work and do **** that requires concentration when all I want to do is sleep.
That's me every day.

Back
Top Bottom