Potentially the longest thread in history...

This might be a little off topic but I can't start my own thread for some reason. Guess I'm too newb.

I use Win 7.

I have to constantly move emails from outlook to the project folder at work. Emails frequently have the same name so I'm always asked Copy and Replace or Don't Copy. That's it. Those are my only two options. So I have to perform the tedious task of manually renaming each email to something like RE_Original_Email_Name(1).msg before I can copy the next email into the folder.

There should be a third option to Copy and Keep both files. The additional file will then be automatically renamed with (1) (2) (3) ... etc.
I've seen screen shots of this option in the Copy File dialog. Though I realize this screen shot might be from Win 10.

So the question is there anyway to do this in Win 7? What setting do I need to change?

4fd2a293-b0ac-443a-8062-24f1081c3cb0

This might be a little off topic but I can't start my own thread for some reason. Guess I'm too newb.

I use Win 7.

I have to constantly move emails from outlook to the project folder at work. Emails frequently have the same name so I'm always asked Copy and Replace or Don't Copy. That's it. Those are my only two options. So I have to perform the tedious task of manually renaming each email to something like RE_Original_Email_Name(1).msg before I can copy the next email into the folder.

There should be a third option to Copy and Keep both files. The additional file will then be automatically renamed with (1) (2) (3) ... etc.
I've seen screen shots of this option in the Copy File dialog. Though I realize this screen shot might be from Win 10.

So the question is there anyway to do this in Win 7? What setting do I need to change?

4fd2a293-b0ac-443a-8062-24f1081c3cb0

hope you plan on upgrading before Jan 14th 2020

But why? It's just an awful idea security-wise. The OS is flawed in ways that can't really be patched.

But why? It's just an awful idea security-wise. The OS is flawed in ways that can't really be patched.
Sez Who?
Never drink any Kool-Aid offered by Satya Nadella
FYI:
The Extended Security Update (ESU) program is a last resort option for customers who need to run certain legacy Microsoft products past the end of support. It includes Critical* and/or Important* security updates for a maximum of three years after the product's End of Extended Support date.

Extended Security Updates will be distributed if and when available. ESUs do not include new features, customer-requested non-security updates, or design change requests.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497181/lifecycle-faq-extended-security-updates

Sez Who?
Never drink any Kool-Aid offered by Satya Nadella
FYI:
The Extended Security Update (ESU) program is a last resort option for customers who need to run certain legacy Microsoft products past the end of support. It includes Critical* and/or Important* security updates for a maximum of three years after the product's End of Extended Support date.

Extended Security Updates will be distributed if and when available. ESUs do not include new features, customer-requested non-security updates, or design change requests.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497181/lifecycle-faq-extended-security-updates
There are some OS behaviours and 2009-era design decisions that cannot be patched out or over while also maintaining compatibility for software that is written for Windows 7. I'm not advocating upgrading to a more recent version of Windows, merely recommending not using Windows 7.

Not that I'm aware of. What evidence do you have that your system was broken into?

Just over the years I can remember things that have happened, that are just too much of a coincidence .. I remember on one occasion my network manager had been deleted, I also remember when I was very young using M$ Windows I was running a dial up line at the time and I had 10GiB file in my windows directory but I seem to recall their was no need for that file to be their.

Also I have been approached online to go on web cam for people on XXX sites once or twice when I was running a laptop with the cam built in. I also remember my DVD tray being opened while I was in the kitchen and it freaked me the F*** out when I was making food at the time.

Just things over the years, that have no explanation but then again how do you trust or believe in something you cant see.

F*** knows ..

Back
Top Bottom