Potentially the longest thread in history...

Just got back from my Model 3 test drive. It was just the standard range plus model.

But woooooo, it is NICE!. So damn good to drive. It's a really nice supple ride at lower speeds, and plenty of performance in the 0-50mph range. It tails off a bit between 50 and 70, but it's still completely adequate and a touch faster than my current car. The best thing is actually the responsiveness rather than the out and out performance, zero lag when pulling out and overtaking makes it a real pleasure to drive.

Electric motors are faster than Internal Combustion Engines any day. Tesla can not legally open a dealership here in Mich cuz the "Big 3" locked them out from being able to do that, due to some state law that protects the auto industry in Michigan

Edit: found more info on that dealership thing...
https://fortune.com/2016/09/16/tesla-denied-license-michigan/
At the urging of local car dealers and GM, Michigan law was changed two years ago to prevent Michigan consumers from buying cars from a Tesla store within the state. As part of the process of challenging the legality of that law, Tesla applied for a license in Michigan. Tesla will continue to take steps to defend the rights of Michigan consumers.

Last edited:
Had my first 1:1 today. Didn't even realise it was booked in til 30 minutes before.

I was a bit concerned as i've not had a whole lot of work to do, no one has time to train me to do anything useful other than the mundane easy day to day activities which only take 2 or so hours a day.

Well anyway, boss said he was really happy with how I was fitting in and how quickly I had picked up the work and he didn't have any complaints. Lol, okay... clearly he thinks I am more busy than I am. Or he doesn't care. My only feedback was i'd like more dedicated training time, which he said he'd sort out for me. :lol:

LOL! Gotta love people.

I sold my Asus Zenfone 2 a month or two back for $50. I met with the lady and tried to help her set it up on her carrier (Straight Talk) but she was completely clueless. She had two phones and kept getting the SIMs mixed up and kept trying to put a Verizon SIM in the phone. She called ST who told her that you have to buy a new SIM if you changed phones (huh?). She went ahead and took the phone as she said she had another SIM at home.

I look on Facebook today and see that she has my old Zenfone listed for sale, for $100, saying that she loves the phone but can't get service where she lives. ::cue head banging desk:: I can honestly say that the ZF2 had THE best cellular reception of any phone I have ever owned and I verified that it worked with my own SIM right in front of her. Seriously, the stupidity of people continues to amaze me.

Well I think this place is well and truly dead. Sad times. It had a good run this past decade or so. The owners should pull the plug rather than just let it rot away.

Back
Top Bottom