Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

At least you can move somewhere. If you don't like it here, tough ****. No new state to move to. Of course you can move country, but that is a monumental undertaking.

Despite legal or language barriers, moving to a new state is still an undertaking. New laws, new vehicle procedure usually, and of course you need to be able to find a job before you move or have a ton of cash saved up. Also harder to visit the place you're moving into if a state you want to move to is across the country. Not to mention, moving from say Texas to New York is a huge cultural difference. I felt out of place just visiting that state.

Moving states is certainly a very difficult task here... It's almost like moving to another country, the only thing that stays the same are Federal laws, and the physical money. Everything else from English to daily habits changes from region to region... Trust me, I tried it, and hated it.

I've never heard PP speak but I'm sure he has that Texas drawl...
Peeps say we have an accent here in Mich but I can't tell
but we do say "Pop" instead of Soda

PP's accent is not bad at all. We got to meet when I drove through Texas.

Mine, on the other hand...

Pop ftw! It's a mixed back up here in SoDak for pop vs soda... usually it's pop though.

Yea I don't really talk southern at all. I actually purposely don't talk like that. The only thing for me would be the use of the word y'all, but I don't really have a southern accent like most would think. I actually can't even date a girl that has a real bad southern accent.

Back
Top Bottom