Potentially the longest thread in history...

I have always thought "no buddies online" sounded kinda similar to "nobody's online" it is sorta like 'cause anyone who isn't your buddy is just nobody not really worth mentioning so i guess someone who you don't know is just nothing.
Kinda like on other forums "general discussion" Always sounds like "generally disgusting".

Oh yeah, here i go babbling again...But oh well, isn't that what this thread is for? Sometimes i get like this and have to edit my posts but who cares right? (of course someone's gonna get sassy and say "i care" but TBH, who cares right?(as a matter of fact someone is going to post who cares just because i said someone would,i just the way sarcastic people work (although some times i can be just a little sarcastic my self(it's not always a bad thing right?(unless you are at a job interview in which case being sarcastic will possibly lose you a job(which always sucks))))))

Last edited:
Gaah! The worst nightmares always seem to be of your own making, am I right?

I've been getting an odd blue screen every once in a while. Did a little research and found that a BIOS and driver update may take care of it. Drivers were no problem. I finally got around to doing the BIOS/UEFI update today. Bodda-bing, bodda... nothing. WTF?

Board, RAM, and GPU all powered up but no display, no USB. My mobo has troubleshooting lights but they are behind my vertical GPU bracket. *sigh* So I take the bracket out and put my GPU back in the PCIE slot... and it boots up. Sweet! I figure the updatre just had to process through. I reboot into BIOS and tell it to load the defaults and then shut it down and remount the vertical. And no boot. Seriously?

I sat for a bit and thought about it, and then finally remembered that the PCIE extension cable is not PCIE gen4 compliant. Duh! SO here I go again pulling it all out and remounting my GPU, AGAIN, just so I can flip the switch in the BIOS so the mobo runs the PCIE x16 as gen3. *longer sigh* and once again I remount the vertical and everything boots up.

I then spent over half an hour fighting with Eyefinity to try to get it to let me have my 3+1 configuration again. I finally got it to work somehow. All the info online is way out of date. I disconnected my top screen, set up the lower three as a single display, and kept searching for an answer. After about 10 minutes I said the hell with it and reconnected the top screen and it didn't add itself to the three-in-one. Go figure.

Gaah! The worst nightmares always seem to be of your own making, am I right?

I've been getting an odd blue screen every once in a while. Did a little research and found that a BIOS and driver update may take care of it. Drivers were no problem. I finally got around to doing the BIOS/UEFI update today. Bodda-bing, bodda... nothing. WTF?

Board, RAM, and GPU all powered up but no display, no USB. My mobo has troubleshooting lights but they are behind my vertical GPU bracket. *sigh* So I take the bracket out and put my GPU back in the PCIE slot... and it boots up. Sweet! I figure the updatre just had to process through. I reboot into BIOS and tell it to load the defaults and then shut it down and remount the vertical. And no boot. Seriously?

I sat for a bit and thought about it, and then finally remembered that the PCIE extension cable is not PCIE gen4 compliant. Duh! SO here I go again pulling it all out and remounting my GPU, AGAIN, just so I can flip the switch in the BIOS so the mobo runs the PCIE x16 as gen3. *longer sigh* and once again I remount the vertical and everything boots up.

I then spent over half an hour fighting with Eyefinity to try to get it to let me have my 3+1 configuration again. I finally got it to work somehow. All the info online is way out of date. I disconnected my top screen, set up the lower three as a single display, and kept searching for an answer. After about 10 minutes I said the hell with it and reconnected the top screen and it didn't add itself to the three-in-one. Go figure.
when you you think something is going to fix it and you realize you have to do a million other things as well... It happens to all of us with almost everything

Yesterday was my birthday and I had to work. Left a little early to day drink and work on the new house, got bitched out for leaving early even though I said days prior I was and it was approved. Getting a bit old. (For the record I was covered AND I took a no pay option).

Back
Top Bottom