PC speakers

chara33

Daemon Poster
I have a pair of older harman KARDON HK-195 computer speakers that i want to use but i lost the power supply. It states on the back of the speaker to where u plug it in as AC 15V 1.1 and i was wondering what type of power supply i could use with it to make it work. Anyone know what is compatible?

thx

Need to find out the amps it requires as well.

Either lookup a replacement power supply dedicated for those speakers, or try to find a universal power supply that has a 15v out, with the appropriate amp output.

If going for one of the universal ones, you'll then also need to find a matching plug that will fit in the jack, as well which way to orient the plug (tip positive or tip negative polarity - majority of things are tip positive).

You can tell the polarity by looking at the power rating sticker and seeing which way the "C" is oriented:
440px-AC_adaptor_polarity.png

Need to find out the amps it requires as well.

Either lookup a replacement power supply dedicated for those speakers, or try to find a universal power supply that has a 15v out, with the appropriate amp output.

If going for one of the universal ones, you'll then also need to find a matching plug that will fit in the jack, as well which way to orient the plug (tip positive or tip negative polarity - majority of things are tip positive).

You can tell the polarity by looking at the power rating sticker and seeing which way the "C" is oriented:
440px-AC_adaptor_polarity.png

Dont see a power sticker as these speakers are more than 17 yrs old but play so good still. Could i get away with a 12V dc? I hardly ever use them.

Back
Top Bottom