Parents of TF

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Want to get your opinions on this image and its legitimacy. Having a child schooling is a concern for us and we go back and forth. We aren't religious so any kind of Catholic or Christian school is out of the equation, but it's public or private. Things like this and nightmares I heard about private schools from new kids coming from private to public kills my thoughts on the idea.

One of the comments says source checked out from Reddit.

Actual 4th grade science test from a school in SC - Imgur

It is from a private religious school where they can teach as they will and it is there right.

Is is correct...

If that is what you would like your children to learn you too can send them there. ;)

Watch the religious line gentlemen.

It is from a private religious school where they can teach as they will and it is there right.

Is is correct...

If that is what you would like your children to learn you too can send them there. ;)

Watch the religious line gentlemen.
My deal being against the above image. A lot of Christian and Catholic people commented on the image saying their school doesn't teach things like that though.
It HAS been confirmed for a private school.

This isn't about religion vs science. It's about schooling, and their opinions on the image in question, and private (non-religious) vs public schools.

I would say BS but I have seen others similar. What gets me is that the "test" is more along the lines of first/second grade and not fourth. If this is the level of a fourth grader then it is just sad.

Same here, MalignantBC.

The deal is, without religion that image would not exist.

Hence, this in inherently a religious discussion.
It's the culprit, not the topic.
You're a mod, please don't derail my thread with something you think is the topic when it isn't.

I'll state the intended discussion again.

Discuss the legitimacy of the photo and possible origins,
and the parental thoughts on private vs public schooling for their children.

The extreme stuff like this really isn't typical of private, if the school has tests like that it probably didn't come as a surprise.

I went to a private Catholic school for 1-8th grades and a public (but very good) high school and honestly there is much less difference than you would expect. we actually spent much more time on evolution in the private school and creationism was never even mentioned there.

The main difference is the students, more specifically their families. Everyone at a private school is automatically going to be middle or upper middle class and typically they care about their kids education to at least some extent since they are paying for them to be there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom