[Not for the faint of heart.] Texting while driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Texting while driving

This needs to be showed at my high school.

EDIT: Aww the poor child lost their parents because of some idiot teens.. way to go teenagers..

Like so many of these videos, it's perfectly done. It even has the "why won't mummy and daddy wake up...", and the dead baby's blank eyes.

But yes, definitely needs to be shown at schools and such.

Edit: Oh, could a mod perhaps add a 'brace yourself before watching' or something to the thread title?

I text while driving sometimes, but I don't get in wrecks because I'm a good driver, unlike those daft bimbos...

It's just like anything else, you need to be smart about it. I've gotten a feel for how many clicks on what key to get a word so I don't have to look at it constantly, and since I have ADD my attention is all over the place as it is. In fact, I'm pretty sure that ADD people are the best drivers ever, since they don't pay attention to any one thing for that long.

That's actually a good point..

I'm pretty ADD and tend to overlook as well.

Somehow that makes lots of sense and no sense at the same time :p

Well, I do know my ADD helps me at least. I remember when my mom wanted to put me on meds again, I could barely drive. I had to force myself to stop paying attention to one thing at a time, like tearing away my gaze or something. Without the meds, I can easily "zone out" while driving and still be perfectly safe...and I won't feel like I'm on the road as much.

Course, there's the downside, sometimes ADD gets you staring at one thing a little too intently, like billboards, haha. But that's not that often.

They should show that at my High School too... Reminds me of some of the stuff that happened to our class in 8th grade (I just realized that that was almost 4 years ago) we had a student die in a bad car crash and then the year before that some kids at the high school died in another bad accident.

As an American it was weird watching that video I'm used to seeing the driver on the other side of the car.

I was behind some idiot that was texting while driving the other day. They were drifting in and out of their lane and for a while they were even driving strait down the middle of two lanes (thankfully it was on a divided 4 lane road) IMO we would be better off if people like that were never permitted to drive again.

I have seen county deputies texting while driving here so I don't know how effective it would actually be. I haven't watched the video but it sounds like it is a bit over the top with some William Shatner acting. it would pack a harder punch if it were true to life without the obvious tags... regular kids acting normal but being distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom