No energy for the fun stuff ?

kmanmx

Golden Master
Havnt made a new thread in a longgggggg time :p

Anyhow, my life is pretty easy compared to most on here in the respect I don't have a lot to do outside of work like look after a house or kids. And yet, I seem to suffer from energy problems lately and it's kind of getting frustrating.

I get to work, feel good all day - not tired or anything most of the time. It's IT support so there is a fair bit of walking around fixing stuff each day but nothing extreme. While at work I think "Oh, that'd be fun to do tonight", even if it was something simple like play a few RTS MP games.

So I look forward to getting home to do said things.. and then boom. Practically every work day the past 3 to 6 months I just get home from work and within 10 or 15 minutes of sitting at my desk I just feel completely lathargic, lazy mentally exhausted. I want to play that RTS game I was thinking about at work, but the idea of playing a game that requires me to concentrate and actually think hard puts me off, because I just feel mentally drained. I reside myself to things that require no mental strain, like watching comedies on Netflix or playing rocket league where I just have to drive at a ball.

Then I wake up on Saturday/Sunday and play all those more complicated games I wanted to play, and do all the Lightroom photo editing, or go out for a walk that looked cool that I was going to do when I got home.

It's really annoying the crap outta me. I didn't have this problem about 6 months ago, and my physical fitness and work load is no different *shrug*.

Anyone had similar things, any tips to resolve ?

I've no idea how people work > look after house > look after kids > and then still do anything complicated or tiring :p

I'm the same way, but usually because I'm so strung out from not being able to sleep.

Last night I just tried the obvious thing. Downed a can of Monster Energy on the way home from work. Actually did the trick. Played Factorio til 1am in the morning. Downside is I feel like *** now.

Sleep is a huge thing to manage in life.

Do you do any workouts? Working out helps energy levels and sleep. Natural energy is the best.

If you have trouble falling asleep I recommend melatonin. I used to have a bad sleep disorder and melatonin changed my life. I don't use it every night, only on nights that my head has an endless thought bubble lol.

Sleep is a huge thing to manage in life.

Do you do any workouts? Working out helps energy levels and sleep. Natural energy is the best.

If you have trouble falling asleep I recommend melatonin. I used to have a bad sleep disorder and melatonin changed my life. I don't use it every night, only on nights that my head has an endless thought bubble lol.
Melatonin is a joke compared to my prescription. Now that I have my child full time I can't take it as I'm afraid he'll walk out or get hurt and I won't even notice until the following morning. I've had around a total of 16 hours of sleep since Sunday night.

Surely there are way more powerful medicines than a naturally occurring melatonin. I simply recommended it because it seems effective to me yet is OTC.

How are you getting by with so little sleep, ugh! I would be a zombie! Do you drink?

kmanmx, I just noticed your sig. I too just got a 4k 40" monitor! Vizio D series. I am coming from a 27 2560x1440 IPS monitor so I was a little skeptical at first, but what a great upgrade on the screen real estate! Certainly, this huge monitor is not helping us sleep.... ha!

Surely there are way more powerful medicines than a naturally occurring melatonin. I simply recommended it because it seems effective to me yet is OTC.

How are you getting by with so little sleep, ugh! I would be a zombie! Do you drink?
I'm a full blown diagnosed insomniac. Melatonin literally does nothing for me, and I might as well be popping M&Ms instead cause they're tasty. It's great for the kids from time to time, but can't give it to them all the time because it'll cause night terrors. I even tried the 15mg stuff off Amazon, no dice. My gf on the other hand can lay down and be asleep within 10 minutes :neutral:

Getting by because I have no choice. I don't drink regularly. It sucks but is what it is. When I have the chance I get my gf to come over and I'll take one of my pills and be out for 10 hours or so. That makes me a zombie, but it's the only way I can get any kind of decent sleep.

I'm a full blown diagnosed insomniac. Melatonin literally does nothing for me, and I might as well be popping M&Ms instead cause they're tasty. It's great for the kids from time to time, but can't give it to them all the time because it'll cause night terrors. I even tried the 15mg stuff off Amazon, no dice. My gf on the other hand can lay down and be asleep within 10 minutes :neutral:

Getting by because I have no choice. I don't drink regularly. It sucks but is what it is. When I have the chance I get my gf to come over and I'll take one of my pills and be out for 10 hours or so. That makes me a zombie, but it's the only way I can get any kind of decent sleep.

I thought you had some success with taking medicinal CBD oil extracts from cannabis ?

kmanmx, I just noticed your sig. I too just got a 4k 40" monitor! Vizio D series. I am coming from a 27 2560x1440 IPS monitor so I was a little skeptical at first, but what a great upgrade on the screen real estate! Certainly, this huge monitor is not helping us sleep.... ha!

Yeah when I first got one I was like "woah this is too big, I need to return this.." but after a few days I got used to it, and grew to love the real estate. So I bought a 2nd. 8k x 2k of real estate :)

Back
Top Bottom