Nike and iPod develop musical footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=38167&eid=4&edate=20060524
Nike and iPod develop musical footwear

Nike and Apple have combined the worlds of sports and music with a new wireless system that allows Nike footwear to communicate with an iPod nano.

Through a Nike+iPod Sport Kit - which includes an in-shoe sensor and a receiver that attaches to an iPod - Nike's shoes can relate information on time, distance, calories burned and pace during a workout to the iPod.

A new Nike Sport Music section has been created on the iTunes Music Store and a tie-in website - nikeplus.com - sells the kit and other Nike products.

Specially designed Nike apparel with waterproof pockets that accommodate an iPod nano will also be released onto the market shortly.

I remember the days when people where getting mugged and killedfor their Rebok Pump.
I also remembers the days where people were getting mugged and killed for there iPOD

Now Nike and Apple given us more reasons why it's no longer safe to have jog in the park no more.

Now Nike and Apple given us more reasons why it's no longer safe to have jog in the park no more.
Yeah......only for the people that feel they actually NEED this crap.

They just want to put music to freakin everything.

My god.....why dont they just have an mp3 start playing when you open a canned soda or a burger from mcdonalds. How about a song plays while you brush your teeth or dry your hair. This crap is getting ridiculous

Looks pretty silly. Do you have any idea what the inner insert of a runners shoes look like? I hope that sensor is water proof...

Dumb ideas.... Next!

Nubius said:
Yeah......only for the people that feel they actually NEED this crap.

They just want to put music to freakin everything.

My god.....why dont they just have an mp3 start playing when you open a canned soda or a burger from mcdonalds. How about a song plays while you brush your teeth or dry your hair. This crap is getting ridiculous

I can already imagine it. I open up my wopper and some ice age sound track starts going off.

How long will you use your jogging sneaker before it wears out. I know that I have to always buy new one after it get's uncomfortable to jog. Putting expensive technology on something simple like shoes is ridiculous.

Law said:
How long will you use your jogging sneaker before it wears out. I know that I have to always buy new one after it get's uncomfortable to jog. Putting expensive technology on something simple like shoes is ridiculous.

My understanding is that there is a special sensor that fits into the sole of the sneaker. This sensor is removable. So when your sneakers wear out... you remove the sensor and buy a new pair of sneakers.

Still stupid.

Nubius said:

My thoughts exactly. Every time you open a Coke it would go "aaaaah", and a Burger King Burger would say "have it your way". Advertising even after you buy the product. I like it.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Dumb ideas.... Next!
Maybe some personalised lience places on the back too.

It's reminding me of the season 1 simpson episode where Homer buys those Assassin Joggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom