The Food & Drink Thread

Been on a chicken burger binge recently! First offering from a local pub was well cooked, BUT so herb-encrusted that I couldn't taste any chicken flavour at all :p just herb. 9/10 for cooking, 3/10 seasoning.
Vxlj2jd.jpg

THIS burg tho omg, there was more chicken than bread :p always a good thing. Well seasoned, juicy and tender but crunchy outside, hard not to rate at least 8/10
6ZwYJOB.jpg

BOY OH BOY. A new bbq place has opened up ~7 mins drive from my house, that ALSO accept deliveroo orders.
At the same time, I found you can do a free 7-day trial for deliveroo premium which = free delivery. So I spent the last few days ordering single $10 Brisket burgers delivered for free :p with some chunks of bbq meat here n there too. I think I spent over $80 in 2 days :S hek

Continuing with the pork theme with some pork belly burnt ends :p smoked these for ~2hrs at 130c, just covered them with brown sugar, honey, and an outrageous amount of butter and they're going covered this time back on the grill for another 1.5 hours

QaXkscy.jpg

Pretty sure my internal temp is inconsistent with the bbq though, at least with how I'm taking the measurement so I'm guessing temp was morel like 120c :/ ah well lesson learned for next attempt. Still yet to see how these turn out :grin:

edit: Hot dayum they came out great. Only the slightest hint of resistance left in the meat, any more tender and they'd fall apart. Friggin amazing given how simple a recipe/cook it is (Malcom Reed's howtobbqright channel if required). 10/10 will be doing this again. That is decadent asf
7GWm3sE.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing with the pork theme with some pork belly burnt ends :p smoked these for ~2hrs at 130c, just covered them with brown sugar, honey, and an outrageous amount of butter and they're going covered this time back on the grill for another 1.5 hours

QaXkscy.jpg

Pretty sure my internal temp is inconsistent with the bbq though, at least with how I'm taking the measurement so I'm guessing temp was morel like 120c :/ ah well lesson learned for next attempt. Still yet to see how these turn out :grin:

edit: Hot dayum they came out great. Only the slightest hint of resistance left in the meat, any more tender and they'd fall apart. Friggin amazing given how simple a recipe/cook it is (Malcom Reed's howtobbqright channel if required). 10/10 will be doing this again. That is decadent asf
7GWm3sE.jpg

This is kind of the sucky thing about the UK, unless you're pretty well off it's unusual to have a nice private garden big enough to have a bbq with friends over and such, and definitely not one of those stone pizza ovens. And even if you do have those things, the weather usually ****s you over.

I'd love a proper bbq/smoker and stone pizza oven but it's basically impossible for me.

This is kind of the sucky thing about the UK, unless you're pretty well off it's unusual to have a nice private garden big enough to have a bbq with friends over and such, and definitely not one of those stone pizza ovens. And even if you do have those things, the weather usually ****s you over.

I'd love a proper bbq/smoker and stone pizza oven but it's basically impossible for me.

And here I am sitting on an acre of mostly cleared property, with another eight acres as part of my parents' place out behind me which is technically mine since they signed it over to me about 15 years ago. Now I need is a smoker, kettle grill, komado, something...

Back
Top Bottom