The Food & Drink Thread

Re: What You've just eaten thread....

I'm not to sure. Well they were on a plate and the ribs were the length of a keyboard, and they were covered in a beautiful sauce. Not just your bog standard bbq sauce though, i can't really describe it, slightly sweet and well spiced. But they wern't really swimming in the sauce, it looked more like they had been coated in it with a brush and then cooked again as it was more of a soft gooey paste (but much nicer than that sounds :p) than a flowing sauce. You didn't have to cut between the ribs to seperate them, just easily pull them apart as all the perfectly cooked, moist slightly pink meat was revealed. Man they were sooo nice, i would pay like £20 for some right now.

They sound like they were wet cooked. The meat was pink because it was smoked, not because it wasn't thoroughly cooked. When the ribs are falling off the bone they are done right. Those I had last night were not done right that's for sure. :D But they were the first ribs I have had in a long while.

While I agree steak is better than ribs I would still choose good ribs over most steak. but, then, my favorite food is barbecue.

my fav foods are Chinese and Italian.

maranara meatball sgetti again. i love it. craving little debbie zebra cakes but they "improved" them and they're nasty now :( I want the original ones back!

Just had a pizza at an Italian place. Got a "Meatza" sausage, ham, pepperoni, bacon, and canadian bacon. :drools:

craving little debbie zebra cakes but they "improved" them and they're nasty now :( I want the original ones back!

I don't work there any more so I can't help you with that. Seems that I left just in time as they will be rid of all temps by July 1st. I didn't know they had changed the zebrs cakes, though; I don't eat any of them.

I don't work there any more so I can't help you with that. Seems that I left just in time as they will be rid of all temps by July 1st. I didn't know they had changed the zebrs cakes, though; I don't eat any of them.

OMG You worked there!? Any interesting stuff you would like to share about them?

Yeah, I was a temp there for almost a year. I just left there a couple of weeks ago to take a help desk position. I worked down in shipping for most of that but I did get to work up in production for a month or two. Everything that they do in production is under a NDA you have to sign. No big mystery but they are paranoid that their compition will find out something and beat them in some way.

I can tell that Little Debbie is a very clean place and they take it very seriously. I could eat one and not worry... and being able to say that after working somewhere is big.

Have you tried their Cloud Cakes? It is the Little Debbie version of the Twinkie. I think they are better than Twinkies myself.

Always check the expiration dates on the box. The vendors wo't sell old cakes, but the cakes have a six week or so lifespan so always look for the freshest cakes (usually in the back). I will tell you that their fresh honey buns (as in a couple of hours old... one of the benefits of working there) are better than fresh KrispyKreme donuts. And fresh Swiss Rolls are just flat out sinful.

Speaking of Swiss Rolls, try freezing some. They are like an ice cream sandwich with chocolate coating. ;)

OMG I'll try that with the swiss rolls! those look so goood right now!!!

My wife used to take LD Oatmeal Creme Pies and put peanut butter between a couple of them. Good, but you don't eat more than one.

Incidentally, the oatmeal cookies are hard when they make them. The cookies absorb moisture from the creme filling and get soft. They are really good before they get soft but the filling will give you an awful sugar rush. :D

Back
Top Bottom