Finally the voice of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure ya agree...;)
I forget if you have kids dave...how are you raising them?
I will raise mine to be like me...minus the poor part. They will be complete opposites of the kids portrayed in the article.

Everyone's being too pc these days...it's not all that good :D

sadly, if 100% of people in the US read this, I would say less than 10% would agree...

Yeah I have three kids. Getting a trophy just because you participated is crap. All that does is remove incentive to do better. The ones that want to do well will, the rest will be content with average or below average performance because they get the same reward as the ones that work hard. We need to quit worrying about hurting someone's feelings and start getting people, not just kids, to WANT to do more. I see it all the time, people saying that "when they pay me more I will do more". Well to me that's backwards. When you do more, you should get more. No pay for potential, pay for performance. Reward the work, not the fact you showed up.

The only time that happend to me was when I was a little kid in tee ball lol. They gave everybody ribbons, but that was just b/c we were like 6-7. I didn't get any of that special treatment, and they didn't do this kind of BS when I was younger either. I'm only 17, but I do agree with the article; that kind of stuff needs to stop. I liked the examples you used, dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom