Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Do you receive reply mails from Tech-Forums?

Screenshot from <a href=http://www.techist.com/member.php?s=&action=editoptions>Profile Settings</a>
q0rreply.jpg

email notifications are only sent out to threads you have subscribed to, not just participated in. by clicking the darker blue "post a reply" at the botom right of the last post and going into the full edit/compose window, you are then subscribing to the thread, but the little box for send email notiication has to be checked.

for using the quick reply (clicking the "submit Reply" button) you will not receive emails unless you go back into edit mode of that quick reply and check that little box for email notifications.

that make sense?

Yea, I cant get rid of them I have like a 100 of them in my inbox. Can't figure out a a way to unsubscribe, they still send me stuff.

jaksback said:
email notifications are only sent out to threads you have subscribed to, not just participated in. by clicking the darker blue "post a reply" at the botom right of the last post and going into the full edit/compose window, you are then subscribing to the thread, but the little box for send email notiication has to be checked.

for using the quick reply (clicking the "submit Reply" button) you will not receive emails unless you go back into edit mode of that quick reply and check that little box for email notifications.

that make sense?

yes, that's correct :)

Yes I do like to use that feature and was also wondering why some times I was getting them and sometimes I wasn't. guess now I know it is easiest to go to the post a reply then to do a quick reply.

Josh

Not right now. I did in the summer and during times where I'm not generally busy most of the day.

It is useful, but it's generally easy to note whether you were or not the last person to post in a thread when viewing the forum for new posts of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom