Desktop Screenshot Thread

Re: Desktop Screenshot Thread (56K Warning!!)

deskyl.jpg

I can't stand having the same wallpaper on both of my monitors, but that's just me. I'm currently on a space kick, so I have a moon close shot on my main monitor and a night time shuttle launch on my secondary. I haven't decided if I will go with storms or nocturnal cityscapes next time I change it...

I would have 2 images but since im OCD about RAM space and installing extra programs i dont do it. Unless somebody can tell me how to do it within Windows.

I just use UltraMon and don't worry about the RAM. :D

I would have 2 images but since im OCD about RAM space and installing extra programs i dont do it. Unless somebody can tell me how to do it within Windows.

Why not fire up gimp and open a new canvas the exact size of both of your monitors.

I have a 19 and 24 inch monitor @ 1440x900 + 1920x1080, which combined = 3360x1080 (don't add the 2nd numbers of each, just take the largest number as your canvas height). Then just plop in two pictures @ the desired resolution on each. That way they "plug in" just fine. Then apply it as wallpaper. I'm not sure if Windows would have any option like this but I know on my Linux rig here I have to make sure my wallpaper setting is on "span" so it takes the 1 image and spans it across both monitors - which since I measured it perfectly in gimp, it works out nicely. Otherwise it takes that one large image designed for both monitors and it'll scrunch 1 instance of it on each monitor - blah. I can't remember if Windows has a setting like this, but I figured it's worth mentioning since it made me "WTF?" at first on my pc.

Back
Top Bottom