CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUCKS

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys, when it comes to customer support with anything, do you guys feel like if they cant answer a question and you ask for the next line of support, you are put on hold and you are eventually hung up on? I think 9 times out of 10 this happens to me. Customer support in this country and around the world has totally gone down the hill. About 15 years or so ago this would never happen. You would be with them until your situation was resolved or there is proof that the device is damaged and a replacement was sent to you.

Sorry if I am rambling on about this but I am sick of this fu*king sick of this happening. There has to be a way to prevent this from happening. It seems to me that most if not all corporations dont care about customer support quality and just want to know how much money they are making.

I am curious as to what others think about this subject. Your thoughts plz?

thx

I agree with you about no being a dick. There is also so much a person can take being nice to the point where one can only take so much. I had a CS person on the phone tonight where I asked if he could give me a ball park guess at how long it might take where he responded with 15 minutes or less. I ended up being on the phone with him for an hour asking him politely asking him for next line of defense. He finally agreed to do so. I was then placed on hold for another 10 minutes before I was hung up on. This was with ASUS.

I can not count the times how many times this has happened with my isp of verizon. I have had it and will not put up with it no more.

I've heard terrible things about Asus customer support - so that sounds about right. Great products unless one breaks...then you might as well just buy a new component.

Even my internal company helpdesk is a POS. The problem is, the chances are you're talking to a non-technical person with a whole bunch of documentation and common solutions in front of them. It would simply be too expensive for a company to employ so many highly technical people to man the phones. That said, you get the occasional good one...

I've never called a helpdesk/customer service line for a computer component, it's best to try and troubleshoot it yourself and then RMA it it's within warranty and looks to be a fault with the component.

I think that the actual company cares a great deal when you call in for support. Many companies, however, use a third party call center to reduce costs (think: sitting around only answering 2 calls per hour when you're not busy versus paying somebody per call). Those third parties are often difficult to control and many times offer poor service. A great example is Installs, Inc. If you look, they do call center stuff for a TON of companies (Installs, Inc. :: Clients). In addition, the same guy that just answered the phone for one company is probably now answering for a 2nd and 3rd as well. Talk about trying to keep stuff straight! Tough enough to keep up with one, let alone multiple.

I find it happens to me with small companies or companies outsourcing call-centers in other countries. Call centers based in UK are normally ok now as they can be easily reported if they are unprofessional, plus most calls are recorded so when I make a complaint I ask them to listen to the call normally. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with you about no being a dick. There is also so much a person can take being nice to the point where one can only take so much. I had a CS person on the phone tonight where I asked if he could give me a ball park guess at how long it might take where he responded with 15 minutes or less. I ended up being on the phone with him for an hour asking him politely asking him for next line of defense. He finally agreed to do so. I was then placed on hold for another 10 minutes before I was hung up on. This was with ASUS.

I can not count the times how many times this has happened with my isp of verizon. I have had it and will not put up with it no more.
I've called Verizon on several occasions to get things done and always had the best service from them.

Asus, well their CS is 3/4 the reason why I tell people not to buy their over priced ****.

I've called Verizon on several occasions to get things done and always had the best service from them.

Asus, well their CS is 3/4 the rhaveeason why I tell people not to buy their over priced ****.

Just curious if you have ever done a query on verizon about customer support and
all the negative opinions people have for them. There must be thousands.

I haven't, but I'm sure there will be just like pretty much every other company out there. Everybody has something negative to say about everything these days. My personal experience dealing with Verizon has been swell, and that includes 6 years ago when I had their cell service.

Back
Top Bottom