connected house. how do you manage yours?

its not just security. your info becomes an internet whore the instant you use any kind of connected services

Not much "security" there tbh. Not like anybody checks the signatures or verifies it's "you".
That is true.
Whenever I make a purchase of whatever with my bank card, I don't even sign my name anymore.... I just draw a straight line across the reader and hit o.k.. The clerk could care less. The last time I was required to sign and checked with my I.D. for a bank card purchase was at the post office last Christmas time. (postal teller stated it was "govt policy")

Last edited:
That is true.
Whenever I make a purchase of whatever with my bank card, I don't even sign my name anymore.... I just draw a straight line across the reader and hit o.k.. The clerk could care less. The last time I was required to sign and checked with my I.D. for a bank card purchase was at the post office last Christmas time. (postal teller stated it was "govt policy")

Back when I was in HS, I worked at a RadioShack. And we had one business owner that when he signed the slip to charge to his account, it was just a single "X". And would a lot of times not even wait for the receipt to print and just tell us to "sign" it for him.

Back
Top Bottom