Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
How are you going to Vote in the Brexit Campaign.

This is for all my British counter parts. Are you Voting in or out.

What about Science, EU Rites \ Laws. How do you stand on funding and what do you think about leaving or staying in the EU.

What are your opinions if you are Foraighn. Do you think we should leave or stay in the EU. Why and for that biggest reason.

If I could, I would vote out. I would like the UK to have full control over everything like borders and stuff.

I hate this kind of **** because no one truly knows if it would be good or bad. If it was obvious, there wouldn't be a huge split between businesses and those informed. The liklihood is it'll be good for some people, and some companies, and some politically motivated reasons. And bad for a whole load of others. The question is do the pro's outweight the con's ? and there are probably only a handful of people well enough educated on British economics and politics to give you a reasonable estimate on either outcome. Everyone else is just seeing one or two aspects they either like or dislike and giving their verdict.

In an ideal world I would leave the EU, but not at any significant cost.

OUT, better for us.

I'm tired of Brussels making all the rules for us and telling us what to do, then don't practice what they preach!

EU a bunch of pricks.

Hahaha. Welcome to the American colonies right before the Revolution.

I hate this kind of **** because no one truly knows if it would be good or bad. If it was obvious, there wouldn't be a huge split between businesses and those informed. The liklihood is it'll be good for some people, and some companies, and some politically motivated reasons. And bad for a whole load of others.
This. This is the only correct opinion. There's no overall better or correct choice.

It just so happens that a bunch of the forensics work my company does is farmed out to us from police (and private) organisations in the EU who don't have the breadth or depth of expertise to do it themselves. If we leave the EU, we'll essentially be unable to work with most of these places. There's still way more than enough of a market in the UK to sustain us, but it's still a loss of diversity in places we can get work from. Lots of people I know, particularly those from my university course, work at companies in a similar situation (pentesters especially).

A lot of the negatives that people espouse in regards to control of our laws, border controls, I don't really care about as they don't affect me personally and I don't really know anyone that they've affected directly or indirectly, at least significantly enough for me to notice.

A lot of the benefits happen to benefit me and a lot of people I know, for example several of my friends are currently doing paid PhDs thanks to EU grants that they couldn't have afforded otherwise. Chances are they'll have to cut their PhDs short - and thus lose their livelihoods and future careers - if we lose access to those grants as the UK has crap funding for the sciences (about 20% of all of our science funding comes from the EU, IIRC).

A quarter of my university course was Romanian, and the fees that they paid as EU students greatly benefited my education directly in terms of specific hardware and software that it funded the purchase of, and a lot of them are now working in pentesting and networking jobs here in the UK. The majority of those people wouldn't have come here if we hadn't been in the EU.

So, I think you can figure out which way I'll be voting :p Pretty much all of my friends and family with one notable exception will be voting to stay in.

Last edited:
Wrong Yami - I dont want immigrants coming in and out as they wish, we should have control and pick the best! just like every other country does!

We were blindly "added" into the EU (we never actaully asked to be in the EU) we just joined the Trade agreement.

We are a strong country and the only cons I hear are "no more cheap flights to EU" lol so what? I can afford to fly past :cool:

We'd get to "adjust" the stupid human rights that protect criminals in this country.

We'd have more control over our finances and stop giving poor EU countries who can not manage the eco bail outs.

It's funny, when I go to EU countries and get hurt, I show the EU health card, do I have to pay? YES. Its a joke.

Yami - It effect me! I live in London and some places you just arent welcome from the "immgrant community", plus on my road we have the council letting places to romanians who go through everyone's bins, and dumping crap in the back roads... OR to groups of skinhead polish men binge drinking in the parks and getting into fights

Last edited:
i2d u shouldnt have got too specific in your last paragraph as may be quite offensive to others. but i cant disagree :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom