Bejing 2008 Summer Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Summer Olympics is coming!!!! 8-8-08, pretty catchy huh? You think they did that on purpose? Winter olympics is boring as **** because everything is just snow events whereas summer, you have track and field, racing, basketball, baseball, badminton, tennis, swimming, etc, etc., lol too much to list!!! See what I mean? Exciting.

So anyone going to follow the events or actually go there? I've been invited to go volunteer for their opening ceremony but the tickets are just too expensive (airline tickets that is) and the traveling expense!! Man, can't do it.

Nope. They are in China and I don't plan on supporting it. If I still worked for Coca-Cola i wouldn't have a choice.

We don't have to ask...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Personally i am not looking forward to the Olympics.
It's about 2 weeks where this sports crazed country as nothing else on it's mind, and with China only being a few hours way via a time zone, you know that the entire nation will be couch potatoing for most of the day.

The only thing that I really do like is that normally Australia's first gold medel goes to the skeet shooting, and then in the media chasing the anti-gun loddy for thier comments about this victory.

I have never been into it but this year i am officially boycotting it, I am no hippie but China is not a country I want hosting the games, not over tebit because frankly i don't care I object as there is better things that could be done with the Olympic money like helping the poverty stricken, an giving a better standard of living to the Chinese people.

China is not just a poverty stricken crap country. Every country has its poor parts and its better parts. I'll watch the games.

I always hated the Olympics. How can sports be advertised by coca cola and fast food industries? It's so ironic. Ok I might watch sometimes but that ain't the spirit of the olympics as it should be. Everyone gets pills to get better performances while all the globe is watching it on TV sitting on their couch, eating pizza/fast food and drinking cola. I believe doing that while watching the olympics is like exercising in the gym while eating a sandwich. However I migt watch some particular sports...

The reason the Olympics are being held on 8-8-08 is because the Chinese believes the number "8" is a lucky number.

Its because 8 in chinese sounds like the word "rich". Just like how 8 in english sounds like "ate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom