Anyone heard of her?

tdknight

Solid State Member
So, the other day I was reading through some history and I found a very familiar name which was kind of forgotten. How many of you really know or remember, Admiral Grace Murray Hopper? Hopper was a high ranking officer in the navy and she was also a great help in building the first computer. UNIVAC I, was one of her contributions and so was COBOL and A-0 system. Who is Grace Hopper? Here's an info graphics I came across, briefing her life journey.
There are many such forgotten or probably unknown superheroes. Hence, would love to share and hear more on them.

So, the other day I was reading through some history and I found a very familiar name which was kind of forgotten. How many of you really know or remember, Admiral Grace Murray Hopper? Hopper was a high ranking officer in the navy and she was also a great help in building the first computer. UNIVAC I, was one of her contributions and so was COBOL and A-0 system. Who is Grace Hopper? Here's an info graphics I came across, briefing her life journey.
There are many such forgotten or probably unknown superheroes. Hence, would love to share and hear more on them.
I do. My computer's name since 2004 has always been UNIVAC. My server is named BINAC.

Admiral Grace Hopper is an inspiration. To the USN, females worldwide and programmers worldwide. When people would ask her if she thought something would work, she would tell them to try it. She was amazing!

Back
Top Bottom