Anyone doing stoptober?

OK so has the OP even been back to the thread by any chance. I'm a smoker and no I'm not going to give up traditional cigarettes. By any chance do you work for one of these company's in which would sell the Vape alternative.

At the minute I'm smoking JPS Volume Tobacco because I like making my own, its cheaper than a packet of regular fags and its a nice tasting Cigarette once made.

Or as another thought are you a government pen pushing lobbyist who wants to save humanity and more importantly "Save the Children" . Seriously dude I for one am not interested.

My thoughts were hes working for the "a" company what sells these Vape alternatives.

I'm not sure if your aware but theirs a massive S*** storm in the U.K over smokers. The price of a packet of fags has gone up by double in the past 6 years. The NHS is constantly campaigning to give it up. You go to the G.P's and the first question they ask is are you a smoker. Even the dentists. Their is massive commercial drive to get every one to give up. They are banning branded packaging, Now its 18+, were as it was 16 when I started. They have to put the cigarettes under the counter because they can't advertise to children. They want you to smoke because the Government and this nanny state wants your £££'S but they don't want the NHS Costs of long term costs of aging population hence the"Tory Government" has raised the retirement age to 75 from 65 because people are living longer.

Yes Vape is an alternative to traditional but why do I want second best when I can by the real deal in the same shop.

Whether he is or not, vaping is a great alternative to kick the habit. My mom did it and she had been smoking 40 years of her life. I'm very proud of her and she doesn't even have nicotine in her juice anymore.

Because smoking will kill you

There is no evidence saying long term vapor use is any better, or even worse, worse!

I'm a smoker for 14 years now and I freakin hate it. I've tried to quit SOOO many times and so many ways. I'd love to quit and still try to quit, stress level permitting.

Trading cigarettes (which I know will kill me) for an alternative that I would probably enjoy much more (and which might still kill me) is more of an addiction transfer, not really progress if you ask me.

I'll stick to the devil I know...

I'm a smoker for 14 years now and I freakin hate it. I've tried to quit SOOO many times and so many ways. I'd love to quit and still try to quit, stress level permitting.
From what I've heard from previous smokers: replace the habit with something else - I've heard drinking a glass of water over time satisfies the hand-to-mouth motion and makes it easier to quit.

Trading cigarettes (which I know will kill me) for an alternative that I would probably enjoy much more (and which might still kill me) is more of an addiction transfer, not really progress if you ask me.

I'll stick to the devil I know...

The point is getting away from the other nasties that are in the cigarettes themselves, and replacing that with something that's basically just nicotine. Then you can wean yourself off with the e-cigs, and not have the adverse external effects that smoking does - such as the smell, not to mention no 2nd hand smoke.

From what I've heard from previous smokers: replace the habit with something else - I've heard drinking a glass of water over time satisfies the hand-to-mouth motion and makes it easier to quit.

I've tried plenty of those, but never water. I'll try to incorporate that one next time as well. Thanks!

The point is getting away from the other nasties that are in the cigarettes themselves, and replacing that with something that's basically just nicotine. Then you can wean yourself off with the e-cigs, and not have the adverse external effects that smoking does - such as the smell, not to mention no 2nd hand smoke.

I certainly won't advocate any type of smoking, per say, but you're right... there are many an added benefit to switching to vapor. I myself though simply know increasing the pleasure (the smell, 2nd hand smoke, taste, etc) of the act would do nothing more than further enslave me to a substance... it would more socially acceptable, less dangerous (as believed currently), so why would I quit?

Perhaps I should've added a bit to my first comment; people are more than welcome to take whatever steps they feel appropriate, and if switching to vape seems reasonable, then best of luck. I myself have simply refrained due to a potentially worse problem I believe I might bring upon myself.

:)

Back
Top Bottom