Internet Speed Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick`

Solid State Member
Is there any program that logs your internet speeds at specific intervals? Kind of like DU Meter's graph, except as a log (saved) instead of solely a visual. My internet speeds have been horribly slow and my connection has been dropping multiple times a day. I am wanting to get a log of this so I can send to my ISP. Thanks in advance.

The best you can do is make an account at speedtest.net and run tests manually, saving each one to your speedtest.net account, then give your ISP the information, that is the only real way to monitor your download/upload speeds really, even then it won't be accurate as it depends upon test server loads.

To give ya a decent idea of it, here is the view of my speedtest.net account
http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=22ae3c8ebf3854e18d1d28a6a8971558&ria=0

Just remember, you have to run that manually, and it really only shows speeds, not how good your connection really is, note my high pings, but half decent download results, compared to pings of days with horrible download rates.

So there is no program that is like DU Meter and saves the graph? I'd like to run it overnight so I can show my ISP that my speeds are terrible even during non-peak times.

As stated there is nothing that will do this automatically. You will have to do it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom